Gone

time after time, i've made myself clear
but somehow, you don't seem to get the message. so i am leaving. i am moving on.
but if I only was ever to say one last thing to you before we part ways forever
this would be it.

listen. i've moved past everything already, and I don't understand why you can't do the same. this whole situation has been bringing stress into my life since the very beginning and i'd like to go my life with a clear and positive mindset, and I can't do that if I'm constantly reminded of all of this. here's how things are, plain and simple: you screwed up. you are the one who made the mistake. maybe i made some bad decisions too, like ever thinking that we could work in the first place. but i've already dealt with my regrets. it's time you dealt with yours. we thought we had something. now, i think that it was all just an illusion. that i was hopelessly in awe of you, and had this perfect image of you, and all of this trust. but you wrecked that. you opened my eyes to see the truth. that i was young and gullible, and you were over confident and bored. i'm sorry it took you this long to realize what exactly you ruined. if you feel like there's something you need to say, say it. i'll listen. but no matter what it is that you say, you need to know that I've already made my decision and I'm not planning on changing my mind.

now I have said what I needed to say
and I hope you have realized the mess you've made. but there's no fixing it.
so now we part ways.
now, I am gone.

*****

he was like a rose. beautiful, inspiring, mysterious. but when I reached out to touch the flower, I was only hurt by the thorns I loved so much.