Chapter 10

Note: if you skipped chapter 8 or read it before the republish, please re-read it. You might miss some key words that will be used or the scene won't feel as it should if you skip it. Thanks again for your support,  if you've gotten this far we Appreciate you tons babies ! Xxxx 🦋🦋

Mia's POV
***********************

We both follow Davina to uncle Harry's room. As we head towards my family I notice Jessi and Tom's arms linked as she comforts him; caressing his arm up and down, he seems to be appreciating her support, I mean he hasn't stopped her and my moms right there, guess I'm not the only one whose got some juicy details of the past night.

I head into room with Dominic and introduce him to my dad and uncle.
"Uncle Harry, Dad this is Dominic, my friend whose graciously decided to donate his bone marrow."

Dominic shakes my dads hand who grips it firmly to indicate that he is not to be messed with and that if he chose to beat Dominic up he very well could. Dominic then stretches over to shake uncle Harry's hand, who is incapable of moving to much, his top slightly moves as the fabric already pulls on his muscles, it lifted slightly for my dad whose been giving Dominic the stink eye since we entered the room , even more view of his lower abdomen tattoos as well.

I can see my dads not in the right mindset, with his brother basically dying but I don't think that's the only reason, I doubt his gonna be happy by a fully tatted man that has a "fuck the police" tattoo on his lower "V" and probably screams danger in my dads Cop eyes. I can't imagine this going well.

My dads voice breaks the silence
" I can't say I'm impressed with the company my daughter has decided to keep, being a cop and all , I can't say I'm a fan of the art you've displayed on your lower abdomen, regardless this is a selfless act so you must be a man of some kind of stature, unless it's to impress my daughter, can't say I don't have my doubts and I definitely don't approve of you being anything more than my daughters friend but I am grateful for you saving my brothers life, I owe you one."

I've never seen my dad be so stern, it's almost like he saw red and went cold it sent shivers down my spine, he maybe got like this when Tom got into some shit at school and needed to be put on a Leash but never with me, then again I've never brought boys home, or disappointed my dad in any way, he's never had to show me this protective disapproving father act.

"Don't listen to my brother , he has a stick up his arse, what we all mean to say is we are grateful and whatever my niece did to get you to offer up your stem cells here must've been real gooood." Uncle Harry laughs so loud, his laugh echos through the hospital in pure joy.

I love this man and I'm so lucky he's here right now to break the ice. Always saving me from awkward moments.

"You have no idea" Dom replies and smiles, creating a banter with Harry and obviously nearly giving my dad a heart attack at the same time.

Can't say he's made the best impression but I'm sure with Dominic's Charm and respect, he'll grow on my dad. I hope, especially if he plans to be in my life.

Davina re-enters , "The room is ready , we're gonna put you under regional anaesthesia, which will block sensation of the area we're extracting from. Once it's collected uncle Harry will be set up to receive the stem cells, which is similar to a blood transfusion nothing hectic or life threatening, it should take 1-2 hours of your time.
So Mia you can wait with the rest outside, once we're done you can check on your man." She says running down the events to happen, having the biggest smile ending with that sentence. Making things ten times more awkward. Shit! She really does love stirring the pot.

"His not my m...."
"Says who" he looks at me with a smile and cocked eyebrow.
This man better not, we literally just had a one night stand and he's already labelling things? Ok I think I need to pump the breaks before I'm engaged by Tuesday and now everyone's eyes are on me, my cheeks are heating up, my dad seems pissed at the idea or thought of me even having a guy.