Chapter 30

***Mia's Pov***

I get back home and walk straight to Jess's place where the boys are, I knock and Tom answers.

"Where's Dom?" I ask softly , to be discreet.

"Christian fell asleep on his chest and he wouldn't put Christian down, ended up falling asleep with his son." Tom replies , "Come see for yourself, the man might seem like a tough guy but Christian really does make him softer than a marshmallow." Tom grins As we walk inside to where Dominic and Christian are laying.

I slightly rub on Dom's shoulder and his eyes flutter open ... he shifts to lay Christian down beside him and rubs his eyes. He sits up and checks his watch... "How did the potential client meeting go?" He asks , trying to alert himself, as if he woke up from a deep sleep.

"Well I think, he reminds me of you. Just less gangster. We actually met at the restaurant in your hotel, I had no idea it existed, pretty impressive." I smile at him. But somehow instead of his cocky ego taking over he seems stressed. His eyes shot open which was such a weird reaction but it could just be that he had just woken up.

"I need to pee" he says abruptly before getting up and heading to the toilet. Just then I hear his phone vibrating on the pedestal. "Chaos" , it could be important...

"Hi, Dominic's phone" I answer
"Hi, where is Mr Romero, I need to speak to him urgently" the guy on the other end says and I can hear the panic in his tone.
"His unavailable right now but should be back all , can I take a message to pass on when he gets back?"
"Yes please, he requested I called if his guest caused any issues , she has ... she's been screaming and breaking glass in his hotel room and I'm not sure what he'd like us to do." His voice is shaky and I can actually hear so much commotion around him.

"No worries, I'll definitely tell him asap. Bye" I hang up and grab my keys, really ? This man locks away some woman to what ? Run to her after he's done with his father duties? Is he fucking mad?

I remove my keys out my bag and storm out the house, Tom tried to stop me midway but I push past and head to my car. I hear him shout for Dom , so I put a pep in my step to rush a little faster, last thing I need is Dominic's lies tricking me into not finding out the truth.

I start the car and speed off before I can even hint as to where I'm going.
It's not long before my phone starts vibrating and I press ignore, if I tell him now or lash out at him, he could just beat me there and change the scenario, I have to see for myself, last time he genuinely said it was to end things because of the Mafia but now
What's his excuse ? Thought his priority is us, our family, I know logically I maybe have no right to be this crazy but fuck that, time and time again , he plays the guy on who could but would never because his heart and eyes are on me and our family.

I speed up the more I think about it, I'm actually shaking... anxious, angry... in some ways I expected this... I expect him to be the bad guy and maybe that's why we'd never work because I haven't forgiven him as much as I think I have and wanted to.

My phone keeps vibrating... and I keep letting it go to voicemail. I arrive at chaos and park on the side of the road. I hop out and storm in.

I can't let anyone get in my way or stop me.
I head up to Dom's hotel and it's as if ptsd kicks in ... the thoughts and flash backs of the previous night I came to tell Dom my feelings and that I was pregnant with Christian but instead finding him with another woman all comes flooding back and tears welling up my water line stings my eyes.

I storm up to Dom's room and the guy at the front desk tries to stop me, the door is slightly open and I push it swinging it wide open only to find my best friend in her underwear, drunk and now I'm confused.