Chapter 15

I was a fool to think he was more than meets the eye. I knew when I met him, he was a bachelor, one who got everything he wanted, women, money, cars, whatever else he desired. Maybe he was only into me for the chase and not the long hall. This decides it. I won't be telling him. Any man who can't stick to his word, would only disappoint and hurt their child and I want the best for this baby. For my child to have a happy and healthy childhood.

"What the fuck Dominic!!???" I shout in anger, my heart is racing and my hands are shaking, I'm livid. I know his not mine but I felt as if though it was unspoken and that I was his even if it wasn't discussed formally, I guess it's not fair of me but how do I control these emotions washing over me right now? How dare he make me believe he was any different than what I first thought he was.

"I wish I had never laid my eyes on you, if I never laid my eyes on you and never met you, I wouldn't have fallen for you, fallen for your lies and I wouldn't be hurting right now!!!" I say nearly screaming with so much anger, that my voice is straining, as the tears stream down my face. I was unable to stop it. I hated giving them the satisfaction of seeing me like this, that they've managed to break me.

"You're so used to running away aren't you cinderella? Why don't you run now?" Dominic finally says in a cold tone that sent shivers down my spine and I could feel my heart shatter into a million pieces and before I ugly cry in-front of this man and give him any ego booster by allowing him to witness just how much I'm hurting, I say "As you please Dominic Romero. You won't see me again." Those are my last words to Dominic. He wasn't fit to be a father. We would never be stable enough to give a child everything they deserved to be well adjusted. It was that moment I knew I had to leave New York. I've overstayed my welcome.

*****Dom's Pov*****

I'm feeling pretty out of it and just as my vision starts clearing up and coming to some sort of senses someone is banging on the door which triggers a headache on top of everything else, today is probably the worst day I've endured in a long time. But before I could get dressed, this blonde lady is opening the door, and in comes Mia. As soon and she lays her eyes on me I see the hurt almost instantly. I would never ever dream of touching another woman since I've met Mia. I've been chasing her day after day like some lovesick puppy, but today, I let go and allow myself to get taken advantage of, simply because I do not care about life anymore. Knowing the odds are against us and that Ariel has a point, on wanting more for Mia, as much as I want her, I'm being selfish. The only way I know Mia will leave is if I give her reason to. If I play as if this wasn't what it was and that I actually indeed wanted this. It'll keep her away from me right. This is probably the most unforgivable thing for me to do to her.

She finally speaks and says with utter disgust and anger that she wishes she never met me. Fell for me? She fell for me, I so badly wanna explain everything to her. To take this all back and fuck what anyone says. even if it means Ariel puts a bullet in my head. It'll be worth it knowing my last days I was happy wouldn't it? I know it sounds crazy. But have you ever heard the saying when you know, you know? When your world starts to makes sense, and you see colours brighter and the noise around you muted whenever you're around that person. It makes all your average days the best kinda days. I don't know how to explain this feeing all too well, I haven't felt it, only ever heard about it or seen a movie about it but now I know for a fact it's non fiction, that a love like this does in fact exist in real life, all I know is I want to try, really try and give Mia my all. Try to give her the real deal but I have a oath to my family, that the family always comes first. We have associates that try everything and do as they told no matter their feelings, the Romero family comes first to them and they fight to be promoted to a solider and here I am, getting handed the biggest organisation and I'm not willing to put in the same work? It's not fair. I shouldn't have it easier because of who my dad is. I should earn it as everyone else does and if I'm gonna be a leader I have to sacrifice for my people.