twenty-nine

< Monday >

{ Tatum }

I just got done with a long surf session. I was aching. I really don't know how much longer I can do it. I've gotten hurt a few more times since I tore my ACL and I just don't think my body can handle it any longer. Plus with us moving soon, I want to be more focused on my grandpa's business, the kids, and Ashton.

I loaded my board onto my Jeep and made sure it was strapped down before heading towards home where Ashton was with the kids. He didn't have to work today so I was going to be able to take my time.

****

As I pulled into the driveway, I spotted Ashton and the kids playing on the driveway where Ashton was watching them like hawks. With the camera people still hovering around we have to keep an extra eye on the kids.

I parked in my normal spot and opened my driver door to be met by my babies,

"Hi Mommy" Krew started climbing into the car,

"Hi baby" I laughed and kissed his head then kissed Avery's as she wiggled her way in,

"Krew, Avery, let Mommy get out of the car" I heard Ashton laugh as he walked over and picked up the toddlers, allowing me to get out of the car. As soon as I was out, he sat the kids down and they ran off to play,

"Hi baby" Ashton smiled down and pecked my lips. I kissed him back then hugged his waist,

"I need to shower" I yawned,

"Go on then. I got the kids and I'll put your board up" he encouraged, lightly patting my back. I looked up at him, resting my chin on his chest,

"I love you"

"I love you too" he chuckled, "Now go shower. You smell like sand and saltwater"

I playfully rolled my eyes and headed inside and up to our bedroom.

****

I got out of the shower and dried my hair before getting dressed. I opened the bathroom door and headed into our room, finding Avery and Krew napping in mine and Ashton's bed. I smiled and grabbed an extra blanket from the basket at the end of the bed and made sure they were covered up.

I quietly exited our room, closing the door behind me, and headed downstairs where I found Ashton on the couch with his laptop.

Ashton moved his laptop off his lap when he saw me walking towards him. I climbed into his lap and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Well hello" he laughed but wrapped his arms around me, "You know when we first started dating you did this all the time"

I chuckled lightly as he started rubbing my back,

"You okay baby?" he questioned, kissing my temple,

"I think I'm done with surfing" I sighed. I felt Ashton tense a little but then relax immediately,

"I had a feeling that was coming" he whispered, making me lean back to look at him, "Baby, you're in pain all the time and I can see that it's just not what you want to do anymore"

I sighed,

"It's been my whole life but I know I just can't do it anymore. And we're moving and I'd much rather be with you and the kids and running my grandpa's business" I rambled,

"You can retire from surfing," Ashton told me, "but if you find out you actually still want to do it, you can always go back"

I nodded,