40: Accident?

We live in a world where a quick Google will tell you the answers, the perspective of others and the history we have not lived. But Google cannot fathom the stories we hold inside, and thus my own stories were born.

-Maya Angelou 

~.~

On an average, eight of every ten persons regret their words the moment they leave their lips. This means eight out of ten conversations you had had today, were meaningless. But they end up having meaning at the end of the day, arising misunderstandings, indignation, false hopes, heartbreak and the synonyms are never ending, just like the topic, but so unlike relations.

Ever rewinding the steps of thoughts in the late night hours, we conclude just how many irreplaceable words we let out, barely meaning any.
But now they are there, reverberating in the four walls of one's head, eating them in a silence that's so loud.
Eight out of ten of our conversations didn't had a meaning. But there is always a reason which just can't be reasoned with words unreasonable. Life is such a funny thing, people going around saying things they don't mean, breaking promises they swore never to break and what not. This life is just a cycle which we all at some point wish to pull the breaks off for a while and rest. But the only thing that stops is you, rest everything seems to fly by without sparing a second glance your way. So do not stop. 

Time heals people, and people change people. Change is permanent like the wound marks. But healing is life long, never truly making one feel entirely satisfied. 
Like melting of chocolate in the mouth as it spreads on our taste buds, but just as we are about to reach the ecstasy of its flavor, it is gone. 
That is why Jeongguk prefers deserts when it does not include chocolates in it. But dinner with Jeffery doesn't go without hot chocolate at Pierre's and just like that Jeongguk is left for wanting for more hot chocolate even after it being his third order for the night. 
 That's the similarity between healing and chocolates. Both are life needs and both hurt. Chocolates always leave you wanting for more, never truly satisfying the soul.   

Sliding away the china dish, Jeongguk signals for the waiter to get them their bill and once that thing is dealt with, they take their leave. Jeffery is on a phone call with his girlfriend telling her some pep talk Jeongguk wished he could escape hearing to, but his detective-friend seems not to be bothered with his loudness. With the cell phone still between his ear and shoulder blade, Jeffery slides in the driver seat and roars the engine to life. Jeongguk chooses not to let it bother him as his friend keeps talking whilst driving, so he surfs his not-so-social- social media, not looking at anything in particular. He barely registers the fact that he is supposed to double tap a post in order to like it or is supposed to change his feed content in order to stay updated, but it is just this one thing that he has that social-media account to begin with.

To stalk. As harsh it sounds, it is the reason why half of those people are out there. 
And so is he and is not ashamed of it at all. Though his search history includes only of the Wrethmeirs, specifically that to be the one with the name Janice, his searches bring literally nothing to his interest. She doesn't has an account. Not with that name, he concludes. 
He sighs in defeat and gives up on his little stalking just as quick as he started and stares ahead into the night sky through the window. He could feel himself drifting off to sleep, his body feeling heavier and Jeffery's loud voice fading away, when his cell phone vibrates in his hands and he jerks up.

Hardly can he see the caller ID when he feels a sudden jolt and his hand smashes with the dashboard, a hard hit on his head sends numbness down his body. That very moment, he regrets not wearing the seatbelt.
 His head is numb just the way his rest of the body is. He looks to his right, the air bag has blown out and Jeffery's eyes are closed, blood trailing down his pale face. And now that the loud sound from the car alarm is deafening him, he realizes he must have hit his head for his hearing to temporarily impair. Adrenaline courses through his veins at the highest and he could feel something wetting his shirt collar. It has to be blood, he concludes. As the moment of numbness subsides, he feels an excruciating pain spreading all over his body, from head to toe and he knows, it won't take much longer for everything to go dark as he struggles to keep his eyes open.
They've been hit. Real bad.
 He struggles to open the door to his side and after a few painfully-failed attempts he gets away with it. He grabs his throbbing head with his hands and when he struggles to even perform such a simple actions he realizes he might have broken a bone or two. With a limping stature he draws himself around the car, to Jeffery's side in order to open the door but the sight infront him drains away every ounce of energy that has left in his body.