22: A Month. And I've complete excess to you.

A month.
That's what it has been . A month. Since that night of ball. Since her breakdown, when once again no one was there she could go to.
Jeongguk was there, ofcourse. But deep down she knew it wasn't a sane choice to go to him that night.
She herself was confused. Nothing unusual.
One moment, it feels like everything will be fine , that momentarily things will fall into place , when she's with him .
But the other moment there are instances like that ball night, when abominable things happen to her. And in very such moments she feels her future crashing down.
How can she help it , when actually she is scared.?
Of being left alone.
Of being the threat to the ones she love.
Of being able to do nothing.

Not that she never felt this way before. Afterall that was all she felt before she met him.
The person whom she considers her abditory, her Apricity.

Being with him was her euphoria. He was her only ray of sunshine amidst the numb snowstorm of her stoic family.

It took her nearly a month to keep his mouth shut . Afterall being the Instincts Master he is , he never shut up about how she had to rush home that afternoon, a month ago. How she kept her cell switched off up until the midnight. How it took him everything not to freak out and rush to her.
He kept persisting about it .
She told him about the ball and how she hated it like always , but one thing she was also good at .
Hiding. Hiding it all behind the smile.

" You can lie but your eyes can't." Jeongguk's soft words , he said when she lied that nothing bad happened at the ball , still rings in her head like the latest catchy song on-air.
The only difference is that , the songs fade away in a few days because there is a new one airing the jukeboxes and internet, but his voice , the warmth in those brown orbs and the sincerity of his expression is irreplaceable.

But she is over it now.
It has been a month .
It might seem to be an odd deal. Like she made a fuss out of it. To her family that's what it was. And that's what pained her the most , that the person they wanted her to marry touched her in a way she hated. An obsolete gesture a girl or a lady with self-esteem like her would not have even thought to expertise ever.
A man was touching her at places , was trying to force himself on her and all she got was a message stating "forget my actions from last night , I guess I got a bit drunk." by the very fiance of her. Not an apology but an explanation for worse.
The worst part was that the ignorance of her father.
Though she know he didn't love her as a daughter, but at the end of the day she was one . Even a mistake of his , but she was.

But it's been a month . And she tried her best to forget that.
It was easy because it has been exact a month now that her dear dad and brother are overseas.
A joyous month indeed, for it was spent with him.
Every micro second with him is happy.
Not that they don't argue. They actually do , a lot , but that too is blissful. Picking up a fight with Jeongguk is one of her favourite things now.
And the list of her favourite things is full of things related to him .

They went bowling again , and this time Janice could hit the pile by herself and the memory of his reaction is as fresh as a new blossom. He was delighted , to an extent that he hugged her so tight that she wonders how her bones are still functioning.He took her to his home frequently. They even went to watch a horror film in the theatres , something she did for the first time since she had been taken in as a Park.

She was smiling like a creep getting out of her maths class. A class , once where the magnitude of her concentration would have surpassed all the students in the school. ONCE.
Not anymore. And she chastised herself for that. Maths wasn't something she should be messing up with .

And the same was applicable to Jeon Jeongguk, for maths book never caused a change in her life. A change , that she cherishes as much as a bird cherishes its feathers. Feathers, lighter than any other thing , but more valuable than life itself to the one who yearns to fly.