47: Set Off

Perplexed, Jeongguk immediately strides out of the elevator once the doors open. The underground parking in the condominium building was strangely devoid of much vehicles, at least at this floor as he scans across the area in search of a red Volkswagen Tiguan. Spotting the said car, he wastes no time in getting inside it and speeding out of the building.

"You will get your culprit."

Her words ricocheted in his ears as he drives past the bustling morning crowd. Apprehension making his insides churn. No matter how many times he'd asked her to elaborate and explain it to him, she didn't. And that did little to ease his curiosity and apprehension, which led him to thinking about many plausible assumptions one could come up with.

Did she already know that William had been planning Nathan's murder? Or had she gotten her hands on some critical evidence? He couldn't help but think of a thousand reasons behind her incomplete rendezvous and his unanswered questions. The only thing that she told him was to take her spare car to his office and reach the mansion in the decided time with a force. What a plan?!

The ride to the head office was quick, and he stormed into the building just as quickly as he ran his eyes across the surrounding. The office was crowded with cops and detectives flooding in and out of their cubicles. And from the look on their faces, Jeongguk could easily tell that they were running late on their due errands, given that how it was near to the end of the month.

It was a hell load of work. Accounting all the cases and reports from a petty pick-pocketing to a blunder murder case such as the one he was handling.

To bring it to his rising antsy, it did little to help when it was the last day that he had his hold on the case before it is relinquished to the prosecution. He opens the door to his office and is quick to run his errands.

"Is the report completed?" He interrogates.

Mason, the assistant, swiftly gets up from his seat and brings a black file to his attention.

 "Yes sir. I have included every sort of evidence we've come up with so far." He says gratifyingly as Jeongguk takes the file, going through its contents as his assistant briefs him about their report.