14: Too young to be a grandmother.

Janice*

Nervous yet aflutter ,
Confident yet dubious ,
Happy yet worried.

If there were more words coming in my mind right now, I would have even used them to describe my state of mind , but presently my brain is foggy, palms sweaty and heart unsteady , for I'm heading to meet Mr.and Mrs Jeon, for they had invited me to a brunch.

I should have agreed to Jungkook, when he said it was fine if I didn't wanna go.
It was stupid of me to insist on going .

But I have to meet them some day or other. It's not like that I don't wanna meet them , I'm just anxious whether they'd like me or not.

He had told me that they had known about us for long , not only about us but also about the good boy facade of Junior Jeon being false.

"We're here."

He said glancing at me , as he drove further into the drive.
The gray two-storey, as wide as a Manor , stood appealing.

French doors , a beautiful garden and quaint windows all placed into a beautiful masterpiece of a home.

He jolted out , opening the door for me . Accepting his hand , we walked in through the French door.

The insides were even more elegant. Shades of white and gray contrasted with a wooden tint here and there. Perfectly fitting the standards of advocates.

Long grayish blue curtains fell , covering the large windows. A magestic chandelier hung down the high ceilings .

And a really beautiful lady , welcomed us all smiles.
Now I get it ,where did Jungkook get his great looks from.

"It's so nice to see you in person Janice."

She said embracing me in a warm hug.

"Pleasure is all mine ma'am"
I said , sounding absurd? Please no.

"You know what , you can call me mom. You are the first girl this brat has ever introduced to us or even mentioned about , so I know it's serious.

I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable but dear you are so beautiful ."

She said leading us to the living room.
Sparing a look at Jungkook , I could see the spark in his eyes. The guy seems really happy just like his beloved mother.

"So what would you like to have ?
Strawberry , chocolate or vanilla.?"

What she said couldn't be digested by my brain and so the look on my face gave her the hint of my dumbness upon her way of offering something to the newly visiting guest.

" I'm sorry for asking so bluntly but Kookie told me you prefer milkshakes over baverages and the flavour depends on your mood.
So what flavour you'd prefer today.?"

And then it all made sense. God , what was the need of telling this generous lady about me being a picky eater.
Jeon......

"That is very sweet of you , but you don't need to..."

"Oh c'mon don't be formal. How about chocolate?"

"Yeah sure."

Giving a stare to him , I mouthed ' I'll see you later ' to which he just chuckled looking away.

"Someone has organised his bedroom I see"
A deep voice similar to that of Jungkook caught our attention. Mr. Jeon stood at the bottom stairs with an amusing smile plastered on his face.

"Hello Mr Jeon . It's nice meeting you."

I said bowing as much I could.

"The pleasure is all mine."