19 : Family .

Janice *

Packing my needed stuff in my bagpack , I looked around ,trying to figure out what's left.
Have you ever experienced this nagging feeling at the back of your head that you still haven't packed all the necessities properly , whenever you decide to go somewhere fun?
Well I do , always.
Rummaging through the bag I checked once again.
Finally satisfied?

Putting it on my desk , I checked my phone to see any message , and one from the beast popped up.

"I'll pick you up at three.."

A smile appeared on my face. Nothing new though. Ever since I've met him , all I do is smile like an idiot most of the time.

But it quickly vanished , knowing that Michael Park was home and I needed his permission and another thing was there to be done.

With a mental note to remind Tzuyu later about showing her report to her father , I took mine and flung down the stairs reaching his study.

I could hear him talking to someone and dear , a cherry on the top , that someone happens to be my step brother.
God really have his blessings on me.

Knocking,I asked permission to get in. As soon as the sound of my knocks reverberated through the study , the sound of their talks vanished and a low grumble of ' get in ' was heard.

The colors of their faces flew away upon spotting me. As if they had any. (ツ)

"My report card." I said wriggling the card between my fingers.

"Keep it on the table" my dad said motioning towards a glass table beside his large mahogany desk.
With a curt nod , I did as said. I could feel a pair of eyes piercing a deathly gaze in my head . If one could die of someone's gaze , I would be dead by now , since Minho looked so done of my presence.
They were indeed talking about some important business and I had ruined their contemplation.

Still I wasn't over and so , ignored my dear brother's glare.

"I need to see my mom." And the way the two men snapped their head at me , clearly showed their anger.

"Didn't you see her a while ago?"
Asked Minho with gritted teeth.
I wonder how'd he look without any teeth. ?
Better than ever!

"It was two months ago . And I'm only taken to see her on my birthdays , so that unexpected visit created uncertainty of her present condition.
Also my birthday is coming soon, I just thought to remind."
I finally said , trailing off. The look my father gave , was not something I'd seen before. Regret flashed his eyes? Is my mum okay?

"You'll see her on that day ." He said suppressing any sort of growl. His eyes flickered.

"Is she alright?" My voice came out in a whisper. My mind debated whether I was ready to face a bad news about my mom or not? But he said I'll meet her.?

"She's fine." A curt reply without even looking at me. His tone , serious as usual and then he began going through the file in front of him.

"The door is that way Janice." Minho ushered , completely unhappy of my mannequin there.

A heavy sigh was heaved by my father. He leaned back in his chair and messaged his temple. Tired?

"What else you've got to say?" He said.

That brought me out of my trance.
"Uhm. Yeah.
I am going out with a friend "
Now this brought him out of his trance and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Why don't you make it clearer dear sister? Which friend?"
Minho blurted.
Father seemed interested now, for he too was eager to know where I'd be going.