42:

The busy streets were even busier, or it was just the sedatives which had a gyrating effect on him. Jeongguk wasn't sure. But it had to be of the two, because the traffic irked him as he honks in frustration for the nth time. He glances back at the GPS in the cell phone he has recently gained and honks once again, as it showed just three minutes to reach the destination, but the traffic in front of him made him doubt it. After a few curses and banging the steering wheel, he drifts his car into the driveway of his destination. 

Looking at the building in front of him, he frowns. He looks at the phone screen once again, confirming that he's indeed reached the right place. Parking the car, he makes it inside the building. He types something on the phone and hits the send button. He smiles as the reply pops up right away. He uses the elevator to reach the destined floor and treads slowly, navigating the corridor. And once he's found the room he has been looking for, he wastes no time in rushing in.

 Closing the door behind him, he tucks the phone back in his pant-pocket and draws the gun from his waistband. With cautious steps, he traipse further into the room. The room was dark, except for the light coming from somewhere on the left. Once he reaches the living room, he points the gun in the right, where the light was coming from. It was the kitchen, and he could see someone's head inside the refrigerator. The person closes the refrigerator door and is startled to see Jeongguk holding a gun at him. Only a little of his face is visible in the dark, but it's noticeable how his frown turns into a smile the moment Jeon lowers his hand. "Where is he?" he demands, looking around the dark living room. The guy in the kitchen closes the refrigerator door and strolls towards the back of the room, casually humming a melody in dark. He leads the latter into a room through the hallway.

 The room is pitch dark, the only source of light being that seeping from a buzzing cell phone screen that was kept on what anyone in dark would assume to be a coffee table. Jeongguk reaches for the phone as the room gets illuminated. It kept buzzing as the incoming call went unanswered for the umpteenth time. Unknown number, it showed. Jeongguk then glances in the other corner of the room, where a man is tied to a chair, blood seeping through his forehead wetting his t-shirt collar. Though passed out, he looked devastated.

"When will he wake up?" Asks Jeongguk looking at his companion, who was busy devouring some jam. He looks up at him, his mouth smeared in reddish jelly, "Oh I injected him with the anesthetic in the morning." he says gulping the rest of the content and throwing the can into a bin in the corner. He then walks towards the man on the chair and nudges him in the head, earning a slight groan in response, "He is just sleeping right now I guess."

Jeongguk slouches onto a sofa by the bed and inspects the room. "You look nice in a sling." the other guy remarks sarcastically. "And you look better in the dark." retorts Jeongguk connoting towards the other's smeared face. The latter simply shrugs his shoulders as he grabs a tissue from the nearest table and wipes his face.

"How could you fracture your hand when you knew you were going to be hit?" he asks, settling himself on the bed, facing Jeongguk. No sooner have the words left his mouth, Jeonggok is up against him grabbing him by the collar, "You punk! You said you'll ensure that the accident doesn't get any bad!" "The hell! I also said that I won' be in the driver's seat so there is no guarantee!" The other shouted, joining in the furious scuffle, "It's your fault that you refrained yourself from wearing the seat belt, knowing well what was about to happen!" he says, hitting Jeongguk in the shoulder, earning a painful wince in return,

"Ahh it hurts Tae-hyung!"

Taehyung's eyes soften as he looks at the younger, wincing in pain. He rubs his other hand, softly muttering small sorrys . "Seriously! of all places you had to hit me there! And now rubbing my other arm is a complete waste!" shouts Jeongguk . "I'm sorry, okay! Now I can definitely not massage your broken arm!" "So you'll massage my other arm?" he asks back rhetorically, knowing well that Taehyung was both embarrassed for hurting him and flustered for behaving lamely. They both erupt into a fit of laughter as the little colloquium they just had was so gibberish. "But seriously hyung, you should have stopped the car sooner." "I didn't stop the car at all Kook! I thought you will have it under control so I remained in the car trunk and came out when he was about to dump it!" he said motioning towards the passed out man on the chair.