20: Men's talk.

Jeongguk*

Dropping her back was something I didn't really want to do , but , you can't get everything you desire.
Sighing, I doffed the jacket off and slumped down in the bed.
A smile crept on my face. This wicked thing , it always makes appearance along with her face in my head.
The day couldn't be better because she liked it. She seemed genuinely happy. All I want.

The knock on my door was what brought me out of my sheepish thoughts. Getting up , I realized that everyone has left , it has to be either mom or dad , so I quickly jerked my jacket into the cupboard , which is supposed to be for books but presently has a couple of t-shirts and now this jacket. Keeping a mental note to keep them in place later , I opened the door , revealing my dad , arms crossed.
"That was quick. " He mocked as I let him in.

"What is it old man?" I questioned.
" Can't I casually have a talk or two with my son? " He said raising his thick eyebrows up.

"That very well justifies how casual this talk is going to be." I said pointing my index finger at him , for a talk or two , casually is , always so-casually serious.

He sat on the chair and I took the stool. His eyes wandered around the room and stopped on the bunch of t-shirts and the newly stuffed jacket which lied on the floor. And I just waited for ....

"Hmm I see . And I thought you were texting Janice , which took you time to get the door." He spoke.

And I only looked at him in disbelief.

"Seriously dad?
I hope you are not here to check my room . Plus I'll organise it soon. " I said picking up the piled clothes and closing the cupboard which failed to lock properly earlier. I ensured that this time it was locked.
Moving towards the closet I placed the tee and jacket systematically . I turned around when I heard him making himself comfortable on my bed.

"Did you fight with Mom? " I asked and he only laughed.

"No .
And even if I did , she would never kick me out of our bedroom. " He said winking.

"I'm here to have a Men's talk."he said firmly .
I nodded , sitting beside him.

"How do you feel about Janice?"
He questioned.
And I scratched the back of my neck as his basic motto of being here was now cleared.
Pursing my lips together , I faced him. My heart hammering just at the mention of her name.

"I.. never expected to have this conversation, but ,
I don't know." I said tilting my head a bit . Trying my best to formulate sane sentences.

"It's like I want to be with her.
I like seeing her happy. I feel like having her close to me , always." I said , looking at him intently in the eyes , hoping that he'd understand what I'm unable to speak.

I bit my lip as his stare never wavered , and that unreadable expression flooded his face.
When he spoke nothing for too long I got confused.
"What?!"

That snapped him out.
"Nothing , its just hearing this coming out of your mouth is so unexpected." He said with a smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You know , I am very well aware of your deeds as a teen , and never then , you seemed serious about girls..."

"Look dad , before you jump onto conclusions , let me make it clear, I think of Janice nothing like that . And what I did earlier was surely not at all serious. It's ...it's so different with her.

He nodded.
"And you have feelings for Janice.?"
I only looked at him.

"What is it , that you are so keen to know? " I asked , because reading between the lines is my speciality( kind of ) , and my dad understands me damn well , so there has to be something bothersome.
Sighing , he straightened, as if he understood ,that I ,understood something.