16: Who cares about Prohibition?

Don't be in such a rush
to figure everything out.
Embrace the unknown and
let your life surprise you.

°°°

According to science , it takes ninety days to get into a lifestyle.
But if you are so lost in your life , for the first time ever , you barely keep the count of time.

The time seems to fly as if it has got wings, when you enjoy every bit of it.

Things seem different, when you witness a new self in you . The one who should have showed up long before but couldn't due to lack of encouragement.

And when you have the encouragement right beside you , it is a bliss.

I couldn't even imagine , that I could convince my father to let me live my life as I wish till I graduate.
No coerceness of any kind till then .
And how the determination in me , made him nothing but agree with it.

These whole two months have been the most wonderful part of my life.
Even counting the times when I had to attend a ball and a lunch with that son of a Wrethmier.
Honestly speaking , I couldn't decipher how I went so bold , and held him in the illusion of me being unbotherd about the so called wedding.

But actually what slayed in my mind all those times was just one person.
The one who cares .
The one who arranged a visit with my mother , like spies ofcourse. I wore one of his black sweatshirt and bucket hat to cover my identity . Completely looking like a hanger though . And Mr. Jeon had us enter the ward through emergency exit. Though hideous , it was perfect. The tears in my mother's eyes were not because of sadness , but out of abyss of utter shock and glee.

Cherry on the top. I witnessed tears in his doe eyes for the first time.
He stated that there were drops of rainwater in his eyes not tears , when we drove back.
Seriously.!
Lame , yet I can't stop myself from falling for him harder and harder each day, each second.

The guys put him down , his feet landing unstably on the surface , eyes locking with mine , and that gummy smile of proud on display.

I had never attended the interschool basketball match , but this year it was different.
It was not the match that I was keen of , it was the new member of the team , who , in all his glory and swag scored points for the team as if he was a pro.

Yes he was.
Not only at basketball , bowling or cheesy pick up lines , but also at bringing happiness in the blue of sadness .

Ignoring the praising calls , only chuckling at the last part of one of his teammates stating , there goes the lover boy .
He stealthily came to me . Looking lively even after that tiring match.

"Did you enjoy.?"
He asked with ragged breath.

"Yes."

"The match or me?"

"Well sorry I didn't either. It was that tall, broad , blonde Yoongi guy who had my attention."
I retorted tilting my head sideways.

Looking back at the guys , while bringing his perfect jawline in my lime light , he turned back to me with an amused expression.

"What ?" I asked .

"The tall , broad , blonde guy is Daniel. Yoongi is the one who just dozed off at the scorer's chair."

Ok now I want to plant my face to the ground.

"Well so you already know my answer. Why asking.?"

"Just to make sure."

"It's sure."

"Fine . I'll hit the shower and then we'll join others at the diner.
Wanna join?" He asked . His usual smirk playing along with a wink .