17: Dooming Reality

Janice*

I've never before cursed not wearing my spects, for now it's damn hard to decipher what those eyes held in them.

Rage , fury , infuriation , wrath?

Aren't all those same?

He kept staring daggers at our table while his angered stance pressuring Tzuyu mentally . She seemed equally shocked as me .

I could feel the tension radiating out from Jeongguk as he heaved a long sigh , after a long time , still leaning back in his chair , not dropping off his intimidating aura for even a second.

"I'm gonna kick him in the balls if that old guy keep staring at you like that , and You looking there all baffled doesn't help at all Monchéri."

I could finally tear my gaze from his and look at the only source of my happiness. Not sure how to burst the bubble of our lovely time together. The said guy had his jaw clenched and the soft brown eyes , now somewhat dark , kept glaring over at the table across.
Turning my head to the other side I could witness that there was some incandescence competition going on between the two.

"Would you say something or should I act on my own accord!"
Said Jeongguk , wrath dripping out from each word.

"It's Minho , Tzuyu's elder brother. And Dad's "the oh so perfect son." "
I said , finally mustering up the courage to look in those honey brown orbs.

And regretting my existence for ruining up his mood.
But the fury in his eyes was quickly replaced by serenity . As if he didn't want to make it harder for me or ....
His evil mind has made an appearance.?

He was intently observing the man who brought up this tension by his mere presence. My eyes kept darting from the younger one to the older at the other table.

They seemed to be arguing about something. Obviously , he might be bickering about us being here.
Tzuyu finally said her last points which made the older more pissed . This girl surely knows how to complicate situation.

Minho grabbed Tzuyu's arm and gritted his teeth upon his own words , before letting her go.
Before leaving , the said girl looked my way , confused apologies in eyes , before darting them at Jeon. Taking a deep breath, she left .

My stomach turned down , as she left like that. The man has already played every tooth and nail to get things his way , and watching me with the guy across me , only made him insecure of his plans.

Yes , his plans , which include me bringing in this whole picture of the Park family of avaricious psychopaths.

He stood there , glaring at me, as if possible , he would strangle me then and there. Receding back out the diner , he gave me one last look before leaving .

Confused , I glanced at the man before me .

"Don't tell me , he's the one to forced you with Wrethmier in place of his real sister. "

"I won't . Because you seem to be expert at reading between the lines. "

Sighing , he leaned on the table supported by his elbows , the veins on his arms popping up.

"Now what?"

"I don't know." I said with a shrug before speaking further,
"It's not like that he'd tell his father about you.
Dad already knows about us. "

He nodded , getting the point of how many times he'd been at the mansion to pick me up.

And even if we were secretive, dad would've known.