24: The Šarms.

Janice*

' The poem ends on this ambiguous tone. There seems to be no communication between the man and the nature. Both are indifferent to each other. However the song of the thrush is perhaps a hint that nothing is permanent. If winter comes, spring is not far behind . The new century about to take birth may bring some hope of good to the ailing humanity. '

Ending my essay with Hardy's Darkling Thrush made me feel euphoric. The Darkling Thrush by Thomas Hardy has always been one of my favorite poems of all time. It begins with a bleak and hopeless tone but as it progresses , the poem turns out to be really optimistic and relatable. That troubles and hard times are always followed by something good , just like the spring follows the winter , the twilight of dawn follows the dark of night .

I glance back at a specific desk, a row behind me to the right , and found him engrossed in his answer sheet. His red lips in a cute pout , a stern face , his brows furrowed and those brown orbs were totally concentrated on what he was writing . His large figure filled the desk to such an extent that for a moment one might wonder that he's having a hard time sitting in the chair. Watching him so engrossed in writing brought a smile on my face. He looked so cute while doing so . The slight pouty- frown on his face was something I never saw before, and it was heartwarming. Turning around I got back into my sheets and analyzed my work.

Satisfied with the essay , I made a quick revision through all the pages and then gathered my stuff to make a leave. It was the last exam. Though they weren't the finals , I was still worried about them. Thinking about the finals always bring a hurricane of thoughts in my head. Not regarding the exams but regarding my life.

Will I be able to attend a college? Or will I be a burden on someone very special? Or will the plans wont work at all?
With a deep sigh , I returned a tight smile to the teacher, submitting my answer booklet. With a last look at him , who was still deeply focused in writing , I made my way out.

Anna and Melina were already there. The twins knew they were gorgeous and they never failed to make others gawk , as they always dolled up in a stylish yet descent way. Today was no other day , the two wore matching olive green sundress. Beauty with brains!

I knew , it's going to be a long day since the two were desperately waiting for me . To finally go prom- shopping.! Note my idle excitement.

"There you are girl! You surely took your time writing the paper." Chimed Melina.

"Well I must say there's someone else taking his time." I mentioned with a bored expression. "How about Taehyug , wont you wait for him?" I asked Anna.

"Well he's gonna be the last one exiting the exam hall , for he is having a hard time writing the answers and he definitely can't leave it incomplete for his father would slaught him alive. " She said getting a little aggressive at his silliness. I just nodded , wondering if Jeon had studied well. Well he did , cause this time we prepared together, after he had successfully convinced me to do so.

"So you wont let me wait either?" I queried , though it sounded more like a statement than a question.

"Right girl. Now forget about your idiots and care not 'bout the expenditure , we all got loaded fathers." Chirped Mel , looking up at the sky spreading her hands as if she were floating in the air.

"It would have made sense even if you did no drama." Anna said rolling her eyes at her sister.

"No drama , no fun. This whole life is a melodrama." Chirped Melina , in an even more dramatic way. She resembled a typical woman , one of Shakespeare's creations.
Anna led the way , shaking her head while chuckling at Mel , who on the other hand was practically dragging me out the school. She was in a mood.
It was still quite early for the end of the exam hour , so one could only spot a few juniors , and even fewer batchmates.