27: Messed up Morning

We all feel tired . As heck . Whenever we sacrifice our precious sleep. No matter what the cause is , be it some function, a concert or the most dreadful, exam preparation.
But that was not the case with Jeongguk. He felt ecstatic, zealous and like a crackhead.
He knew , it was way too cliche but could not help it at all.
A becoming chuckle left his throat as the recent memories flashed by .His face time with the sleepy head had come to an end sadly. Her cell phone had switched off , it surely did , she never charges it enough just like she never charges him enough. But looking at her for three hours continuously , some how charged his heart for the day.
Four in the morning , Jk . Not so late to sleep when you had some productive and beautiful work done.
Let's just hope the dreams do not haunt.
With that the boy went to sleep , finally, with a delight.
He pulled the quilt over his head and kicked his legs in the air . Way too excited.
( Just like ARMYs before the comeback. )

"Jeon Jeongguk , if you are not opening this damn door within next ten seconds , I swear you will never see the sun rise again!!!! " Mrs . Jeon shouted from the other side of the door , oblivious of the fact that her voice was nowhere near the ends of being heard by her son. She was so furious , that her chest was heaving quite rapidly , the strict Asian mom coming to the surface , when she finally told her husband to open the damn door by any means.

"You don't want me to break it , do you?" Said Mr Jeon , from the bottom step , his phone near his ear , where he could only listen the woman speaking " the number you've dialed is not answering the call , please try again later."

"Jeongguk!!!" she shouted again and this time the boy finally jolted awake panting heavily. He was sweating , and now shocked. " It was a dream ,just a dream" he said to himself. Sitting up in the bed he massaged his head , sleep deprivation surely is going to get him into a bad day. And today, he had a lot to do. But a sinister smile spread across his face as he thought about the dream. It was a dream and yet it felt so real. It was really something that would never happen for sure , but a sick part of him fancied the idea of being caught by his mother when he is taking Janice right there in his......

"Jeon Jeongguk !!!!! " If the thought of having Janice under him failed to give him a heart attack , having heard his mother screaming from the other side of the door, the same way she did in his dream , surely gave him one. He looked around him confirming that he had seen a dream indeed and Janice wasn't there in his bed for real , before running towards the door and opening it in a swift motion . Oxygen left his lungs at the sight of his worried parents. He looked like a stuck dear in the headlights of an approaching vehicle.

"Wha..what happened mo.." before he could even find the voice to speak without stuttering a stinging impact met his cheek. The boy stood puzzled , a hand resting on his cheek trying to sooth the impact of the slap. He surely is going to have a heart attack now.
"You weren't responding at all, that got her paranoid." His father seethed out in anger from the bottom stair. He hadn't expected his son to be so careless?

"I ...I slept late and... and had a dream..?" He wasn't sure anymore what was happening around him.
"This better be the last time we face this. Am I clear?" Mr Jeon said in a low voice but Jeongguk could hear it even if he were on Neptune .

"Yeah" he said nodding his head running a hand through his tousled hair.
He heaved a big sigh scratching the back of his neck which made Mrs Jeon to scrunch her nose .

"You know what , first brush and take shower and be in the dining room in twenty . That's all you have . Palli"

The boy flashed a cute smile that melted his mother's heart right away. But it soon disappeared at the sight of his father's retreating figure. He surely had worried them for nothing to begin with . But they were worried and maybe disappointed, for he never slept that way. Had he been awake and not dreaming , this wouldn't have happened.