Chapter 36 - "You don't seem surprised."

[Cass's P.O.V] 

 “Will this be okay?” 

I looked back to smile reassuringly at Gina, “Trust me. We'll be fine.” I gestured to Dean who was sprawled across the bed talking to Jay on the phone. 

“Alright, if either of you need anything just let me know.” She smiled at me and left the room. When I moved to the bed, Dean muttered a quick goodbye before holding his arms out to me. Kicking off my shoes, I climbed in and laid my head on his shoulder as he wrapped himself around me. 

“That was tiring,” He muttered and I hummed in agreement, picking a thread on his hoodie.

We'd spent the last few hours talking to Landon and Gina, including the reason for Dean's injuries. Gina was already aware of the boys’ birth giver as she also had the misfortune of meeting her once. 

“What did Jay want?” I asked, placing my chin on his chest so I could see his face.

“Nothing. He just wanted to know how everything was going and Al wanted to know if we'd fucked - Ow.” He fake-groaned when I patted his face, “His words, not mine. And apparently Kailey Barns asked where we were.” 

I frowned, “What for?” 

He shrugged, his chest bumping my chin slightly, “I don't know and frankly I couldn't give less of a shit.” 

“What did you tell Jay?” 

“About what? You mean us?” 

When I nodded, he smirked, “Nothing. I just told him to ‘shut up’. I think we should just not tell anyone.” 

My face must've fallen because immediately his eyes widened and he cupped the side of my face in his palm.

“No, it's not why you think. I thought we could just act all couple-like and randomly make out and freak them all out.” 

I shook my head in amusement, glad it wasn't because he wanted to keep us a secret or something. 

“Do all your plans involve us making out?”

Dean grinned, “Most of them. Why? Don't yours?”  

At my raised eyebrow, he chuckled, leaned forward and pressed a brief kiss on my lips. 

“Fuck, I'll never get tired of doing that.” 

I smirked, “Prove it.” 

                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You sure you don't need any help with that?” Landon asked, indicating the two duffel bags near the door. 

I rolled my eyes before I picked them up and walked out the door, stopping only to kick his shin. Dean let out a laugh at Landon's disgruntled expression.

“Don't underestimate her, you'll regret it,” Dean advised his brother, throwing his arm around me. 

“Dean, I can carry the two bags but I can't support you - with or without the luggage.”