Chapter 51- "Aren't you glad I showed up today?"

[Cass's POV] 

I huffed as I stepped back from the woman I was up against and restrained myself from clutching my aching ribs. 

I must not show weakness. 

A few minutes later, I flinched back when her blade struck my wrist. I moaned and hunched over, making it out to hurt more than it did and when she was distracted, I launched myself at her. Straddling her stomach, I grabbed her wrists and knocked her weapon out of her hand. She bucked trying to get me off but I held on until she slumped backward. 

"I give!" She yelled and I let go of her hands and stood up as the crowd roared. 

"And the winner once again is Storm!" The announcer's voice boomed. I walked out of the ring, keeping my back stiff as I left. Passing by Tabitha's meat head of a bodyguard, who handed me my winnings, I went to the room upstairs, climbing slowly.

The second I reached the empty room, I collapsed on the rickety old arm chair with a sigh, wincing in pain.

"Aren't you glad I showed up today?" C asked, sauntering into the room.

"Absolutely ecstatic," I mumbled, rubbing my stomach. 

"The bitch will be here in a few minutes. I saw her making her way up. What are you going to do?" 

I sighed, leaning forward and massaging my temple. "I have three more days to finish. I'll skip tomorrow, do one fight the day after and one or more on the last, depending on how I feel." 

He nodded, grabbing the first aid kit that was next to my seat before dragging a footstool forward to sit in front of me. He grabbed my chin and turned my face this way and that.

"Okay, no obvious bruising but you might want to cover up this scratch," He commented, tapping my jaw lightly. 

"I will. Chase is getting suspicious. Thinks I'm going out too often." 

C shook his head, taking out an ice bag from a nearby cooler and handing it to me. I lifted up my tank top and pressed it against my now bruising skin with a small hiss. 

"Do you need any thing else?" 

"Just this cut cleaned and covered. Are there any skin tone bandages in the kit?" 

He shook his head after glancing at me. "There are but not your color." 

"Fucking racist bandage makers," I grumbled making him laugh. 

"You're American." 

"Partly. My mom was half Filipino. I've told you this before." 

He rolled his eyes before pulling out a roll of bandage multiple shades lighter than my skin. "Take it or leave it." 

I groaned and told him to hand it to me. Once I cleaned the shallow cut, I covered it and sighed. "I'll wear something full sleeved until I take it off tomorrow." 

We talked for a few more minutes before we were interrupted by Tabitha strutting in. 

"Good job today, Winters." 

I nodded at her. 

"Are you going to fight tomorrow?" 

I shook my head.

She sighed. "Fine. Since you've been so good lately-" patronizing bitch "- I'll let you off. You have two days left after that."

I told her what I'd decided and she nodded. "I will be sorry to see you go, Winters."