Chapter 39 - "You're such an insensitive fuck."

[ Dean's P.O.V] 

I told Jay and Al to pick the most edible things available and to join us after five minutes, I needed to check on Cass first.

Walking out, I found her perched on the corner of one of the benches outside, her feet resting on the seat. It had snowed lightly last night so the ground probably wasn't prime sitting location. I went to her and brushed some snow off before sitting beside her. 

"When I came today I was not expecting the day to turn out like this," She said, staring into the distance. I took one of her hands and placed it in my lap, playing with her fingers. 

"I'm sorry," I muttered, making her look at me curiously.

"For what?" 

"Her." 

She frowned. "That wasn't your fault. You didn't lead her on. Did you sleep with her?" 

I cringed. "Once." 

Cass didn't seem bothered by it. "Alright. Did you tell her you loved her?" 

I shook my head immediately. "I've never told any girl that." 

"See, not your fault. I don't blame you," She said before tilting her head up to press her lips to mine. 

"Good." 

She pulled out her phone, glanced at it and frowned before putting it back in the pocket of her jacket. 

"Chase still not replying?" 

Cass shook her head, "I don't get it. I mean I'm pissed he didn't tell me about his girlfriend but why is he avoiding me?" 

"Maybe he thinks you need time," I suggested and she shrugged.

"He has to come home and if I don't see him today, I'll ditch school and go to his office instead." 

"Do you want me to come with?" When she nodded, I lifted our joined hands and pressed a kiss to the back of hers making a smile bloom on her face. Fuck, she was gorgeous. 

I flinched, startled, when I heard my friends nearby. 

"Are you guys done with your emotional moment?" Al asked and Jay smacked the back of his head with the hand that wasn't holding our sustenance.

"You're such an insensitive fuck, Al." 

"Bite me." 

"Shut up and give me food, you dweebs," Cass interrupted their bantering.

Al tossed us both a sandwich each and me a water bottle while Jay gave me a small bag of fries before handing a cup of hot coffee to Cass. 

"Oh fuck. Thank you, Jay. Where did you even get this?" She asked before blowing on the surface of the liquid and taking a tentative sip.

He grinned. "I gave one of the lunch-ladies some bullshit story about you having low blood sugar and needing coffee." 

"So is it really true you fucked that guy up?" Al asked curiously and I was two seconds away from knocking his head off but Cass beat me to it. She simply lifted her leg and kicked him straight in the stomach. Sitting on the bench gave her the perfect elevation to do that or kick him in the balls if she wanted to. He groaned slightly and bent over, rubbing his stomach.

"You're an emotionally incompetent moron but yes it's true. He deserved worse," She said calmly, setting down the coffee before unwrapping the sandwich and taking a bite. She grimaced and opened it to pull out the slice of tomato in it and toss it in the nearby trashcan.