Chapter 42 - "I'm not even sorry."

[Cass's P.O.V] 

"Alright, so are you ready?" 

"Yes! Now let me see!" 

 Dean finally took his hands off my eyes and I blinked a couple of times before staring in awe. 

The lights in his living room were dimmed and the furniture were all pushed against the wall. A large blanket was spread out in front of the couch and there were platters of food, from Roxy's by the look of them, next to it on one side.

I chuckled and pointed at the ice bucket beside the food, "Is that beer?" 

Dean rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah. I know you don't like fancy shit. Is this okay? I had the guys help move stuff around." 

I looked at the adorable nervousness on his face and couldn't help myself anymore. I wrapped my arms around him and tugged him down by the neck to kiss him.

"I absolutely love it, Babe." 

His eyes lit up at the endearment and it made my heart flutter slightly, I don't think I've ever called him that. Holding my hand, he lead me to the blanket and dropped a couple of couch cushions on the ground before sitting down with his legs crossed and pulling me into his lap. 

"How come this is still warm?" I asked as we ate the pasta. I was still sat in his lap as we shared a plate of pasta with marinara sauce. Anything made at Roxy's tasted like heaven, I'm not even kidding. 

"Carter was only too happy to go get the food while we set up. Karl had a shift right after school and Carter stayed while the food was being cooked to talk to him. Karl helped make the pasta because he wanted to do something to help his OTP," Dean paused to look at me confused. "What's an OTP?" 

I shrugged. "Fuck if I know." 

"Check." 

"Why don't you?" 

"My phone's too far away," He said, putting his fork on the plate to point at the coffee table three feet away.  I rolled my eyes before picking up my phone from the couch we, well Dean, was leaning on.

"Alright OTP is short for 'one true pairing'." 

"And what's that?" He asked, poking my lips with his fork of pasta. Absentmindedly, I opened my mouth and let him feed me, enjoying the rich flavor as I waited for the page to load. I may hate tomatoes but I had no problem with their taste when it came to Italian food. 

Once I was done with my bite of pasta, I read out loud, "One true pairing. Meaning your favorite pairing of characters from a fandom." 

"So you mean that he likes the idea of us being together?" 

I shrugged, keeping my phone back. "I suppose." 

"That's weird." 

I nodded and opened my mouth again when he brought the fork near it. I chewed thoughtfully for a few seconds before it hit me.

Holy. Shit. I was letting him feed me. What? What is this? How did this happen? 

"Cass, you okay?" Dean asked, sounding concerned. "You sort of just froze." He put the plate with both our forks on it on the ground and turned me slightly to make eye contact.

"What is it?" 

"Dude, we're acting all couple like and cute and shit," I whispered, horrified. No. I hated those annoying couples that went around parading affectionately. Now next thing I know, we'd be refusing to hang up the phone going 'no you hang up'.