Chapter 53 - "Talk about a plot twist."

[Cass's POV]

"Are you ready for your last fight?" Tabitha asked, smirking. 

I nodded cautiously before tightening  the laces on my shoes.

"Good. Your opponent might take you off guard but that's the cost of quality entertainment, I'm afraid," She said, letting out a mock sigh before turning away to leave the room. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Oh, you'll see." 

Left alone, my mind raced. What could she mean? Trying to ignore my buzzing thoughts, I got to my feet and made my way downstairs.

I reached my side of the ring and felt people pat my back as I passed by, wishing me luck. I vaguely wondered just how much people had bet on this fight.

I looked across the room and froze. 

Shit. 

Luke was standing right there, talking to someone. He slapped the man's shoulder with a laugh before looking around and for a split second, I could've sworn he knew it was me but when he looked away, I let out a breath of relief. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen! We have a treat in store for you tonight. This match might feel like deja-vu to some of you. Here, for her last fight before permanently retiring - it's Storm! And for a much over-due rematch - it's Smash!"

The crowd roared but I stood stock still. Smash? 'Murderer of my brother' Smash?

I was shoved forward towards the ring but managed to keep stable as I walked into it. I met Luke's eyes on the other side as he let out a smirk and mouthed the words 'Hi Cass'.

Well, fuck. I looked toward my opponent realizing that he'd been the person Luke was talking to. Kris Ward. Smash.

Well, the announcer wasn't wrong. Deja-vu indeed. I cracked my knuckles and rolled my shoulders. I was not going to back down.

 I don't know how long it had been but we were both sweating profusely. I heard someone yell my name - Cass, not Storm. Caught of guard, I looked away for a split second and in that fraction of time, he attacked, making me landed on my back. 

"Do you give, little girl?" He taunted me. 

"Not on your life, you shit head."

I slammed my hands into his torso and bucked my hips at the same time knocking him off me. I scrambled to my feet and tackled him. Hooking my arms through his, I got him in a lock in front of me as I wrapped my legs around him from behind. 

"How was your little hospital trip after I got to you, Ward?" I spat. I cried out, suddenly feeling an intense pain in my leg and realized he'd gotten a hand free and used his hidden knife to stab into my leg. 

"Fuck." I let go of him to pull the knife out and toss it out of the ring. It hurt like a bitch but at least I knew there wasn't any nerve damage. 

"How's your brother? " He asked, tilting his head with a smirk on his lips. "Oh wait, he's dead." 

I don't know how it happened but a moment later, I found myself straddling his stomach and holding my knife an inch away from his throat. 

"How would you like to be next?" I hissed, pressing the blade until it nicked his skin and blood trickled down it slowly.

"I give!" He said, his voice low and eyes wide with fear. 

"Did you say something?" I asked viciously, fighting the urge to push the blade all the way in. I had him right within reach.