Chapter 21 - "Honey, you're in the middle of Denile"

This chapter is dedicated to @deadlier for the amazing cover! xD Thank you. <3

[Cass’s P.O.V]

“Are you sure about this?” Chase asked, setting a cup of coffee in front of me.

I nodded, “Yeah.” I picked the cup off the counter and took a sip.

“Is it really worth it?” He asked, taking out his phone and texting someone.

“If you’re trying to talk me out of this, forget it. I’ve thought of almost every possible argument.”

He raised an eyebrow at me, “Yeah? And what beat them all?”

I sighed before quickly draining my cup. After putting it in the sink, I turned to see Chase slipping his phone into his pocket.

“He matters. I need him in my life, Chase. So if this is what it takes to keep him around, I’ll do it.”

“Dean shouldn’t have given you that ultimatum,” Chase said disapprovingly as he picked up some of his files from the counter-top.

I shrugged, “I get it. Besides, I should trust someone else too, right? It’s not a bad thing?” Suddenly, I doubted myself. What if this was a bad idea? What if Dean didn’t want anything to do with me once he knows?

Chase threw the files he was holding to the sofa, before pulling me into a hug.

“I’m glad that you’re trusting someone else, Cassie. I just want you to be sure about this. If it’s important to you, I support you. Anyway, Dean’s not going anywhere once he finds out.”

My head shot up, almost smacking his chin in the process. “How did you know I was thinking that?”

He let go of me, ruffled my hair and picked up his files.

“I know you, silly. And I see the way he looks at you. Trust me, he’s not going anywhere. You’ll be late, if you don’t leave now.”

We stepped out the door and Chase locked the door behind us.

“Good luck. Tell everyone I said ‘Hi’,” He told me, making me grin.

“Will do. How are you getting to work? I’ll need your car later.”

“I texted for a ride. Now stop procrastinating and go!

Looks like he knew me well enough to know exactly what I was trying to do. Giving him a shaky smile, I waved and made my way to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Your lip’s going bleed if you keep doing that,”Jay said, looking slightly amused.

I stopped biting my lip and rolled my eyes at him, “Whatever, Jay.” I threw an eraser at his face, missing by an inch.

“You’re leaving with Dean right after school, right?”

I nodded.

“Okay, Cass. You’ve got to chill,” He said before kicking at my foot which was shaking the desk we were sharing.

“Right,”Taking a deep breath, I pulled out my phone to check the time. I had five minutes before the bell rang, putting an end to the biology period. Dean, accompanied by Al, went to his house to pack his stuff. He’d been too lazy to do it earlier.

“Any chance you’ll tell me what’s going on?” Jay asked, pushing his curls back with his hand.

I shook my head, “Maybe someday... Just not any time soon.”