Chapter 14 - "I like my current brain cell population."

[A/N Chapter 14 is here! Enjoy. xD ]

[Cass’s P.O.V]

I was walking towards the cafeteria to get to my usual break-time spot when I was ambushed by Mariah.

Okay, maybe not ambushed but she did grab my hand and steer me away from my destination.

“Riah, what’s going on?”

“Kailey!”

Well that was unexpected, “What about her?”

“She’s going around saying she’s got some kind of dirt on you. She’s going to go public with it in a few minutes.”

After a brief second of internal panic, I gathered my thoughts. There was no way she found out any of my secrets so what the hell was she talking about.

“She probably made something up.” I shrugged my shoulders carelessly, not bothered anymore as I made my way back to the Cafeteria. Mariah sped up her pace to match mine, her shoes making slight squeaky noises as we walked.

“Kailey Barns doesn’t make things up. She finds a small bit of truth then blows it out of proportion.”

The both of us increased our speed. I pushed open the cafeteria door and we entered the room just as Kailey stood on a table with an air horn in her hand. She caught sight of me and Mariah and after shooting me a smirk, she blew the air horn getting everyone’s attention.

“Attention Students! I have a public service announcement. Or rather, I’d just like to enlighten you on a certain issue.”

I frowned at her but stood still beside Mariah a few feet away from the table.

Kailey tossed some of her blonde hair over her shoulder in an exaggerated motion that had my eyes rolling. She continued, “This tidbit of information is regarding one Cassandra Winters of the Senior class. Care to step up Cassandra?”

I sighed, annoyed at her unnecessary drama and made to step forward. Just then, someone grabbed my upper arm. I turned to see Dean, Jay and Alec. On Mariah’s other side was Luke who had clearly just gotten here. They were all looking irritated at a certain annoying miniskirt wearing female who was stood on a table.

Dean was the one who had a firm grip on my limb.

“What’s she doing?” He asked me, scrunching up his eyebrows in irritation.

“Hell if I know.” I shrugged his hand off and took a step towards Kailey despite the protests of my friends.

“What do you want?” I asked her rudely.

She grinned evilly at me and addressed the cafeteria, “Everyone here knows of Chase Cavanaugh I’m sure.” Everyone nodded or made affirmative noises.