Chapter 2 - "Was this school hottie central or what?"

[A/N Pic to the side is Dean. Yes, it is Ian Somerhalder is probably the finest thing to have graced this planet since chocolate.]

 [Cass's P.O.V]

 As I entered the school, I saw a couple of people glance my way. Just a few curious looks and then they turned back to talk to their friends. It was loud but I suppose I’d eventually get used to it.

It was also a bit crowded, so I started to lightly push a couple of people to get through. It probably wasn’t the nicest thing to do, but I needed to find my way to the office.

I shoved past a tall guy, causing him to drop some books he had in his hand. He swore as he bent to pick it up. I was going to keep walking but my conscience got the best of me.

I let out a loud sigh as I turned to find the dark haired boy, kneeling on the ground. I stepped forward and bent next to him, picking up the last book. I put it in his hands without looking at his face, muttered an apology and made to move away.

Just as I turned, he grabbed my wrist, causing me to stiffen and yank it out of his grip.

I looked up to glare at him, “Don't touch me.”

His eyes widened slightly in surprise at my hostility, “Sorry. I haven't seen you around before. Are you new?”

I raised an eyebrow at him, “Obviously.”

“You could have been a freshman.”

“Do I look like a freshman to you?”

He frowned at me for a second, “Not really. I guess you have a point.”

“No shit,” I muttered sarcastically. I knew there was a reason I didn't like doing nice things. Help the dude with his books, he wants conversation.

I turned and started to walk towards a hallway to my right.

“If you're looking for the office, you're going the wrong way,” He called out from behind me. I glanced at him to find him standing just behind me. Actually, he was a bit too close for my liking, which would've been at least four feet away.

“Are you offering?” I asked him. Part of me wanted him to say yes, because I couldn't be bothered to go looking for it and the other wanted him to say no, because I’d probably have to talk to him some more.

“Yep, follow me,” He turned left instead of right, “I'm Luke, by the way.”

“Fascinating,” I drawled. I couldn't help myself.

He rolled his eyes at me, shuffled around his books to stack them in one hand and held out the other to me.

I looked at it for a second then back at his face, meeting the look of disbelief in his light eyes.

“Seriously?”

I shrugged and he took his hand back.

“I'm helping you out here, of my own free will. You could at least tell me your name.”

I thought this over. I could either refuse, and have him leave me alone or I could tell him, and it would count as me being nice. He didn't seem all that bad.

“Cass.”

“Cat?” He glanced at me as he swerved past a couple making out in the hallway. I stepped around them as well and looked at him.

“No, Cass. It’s short for Cassandra.”

He nodded, “Cool.”

After I made sure he was too busy navigating the halls to notice, I gave him a once-over. Black jeans, white t-shirt and a grey plaid shirt over it. He looked good. Not in a jock I-work-out-a-lot way but healthy. And he was kind of cute, not that I cared. I came to finish school, not look at boys though it was an added bonus.