Chapter 52 - "I'm guessing you found out."

[Dean's POV]

I laughed, shaking my head as I listened to Al and Jay arguing about the difference between hand soaps and body wash. I don't even want to know how that started.

I lead the way into my house, shutting the door behind Al after shoving him away from it.

"Dad, we're home," I called out as I slipped off my shoes.

"Get in here. Someone's here to see you."

I frowned and glanced back at my friends who seemed just as confused. Jay nodded forward, indicating that I go.

"We'll leave. It sounds serious," He said, heading to the door.

"Maybe we need to stay," Al suggested, looking between us. Just then, Dad called me again.

"Now, Dean. You can talk to Al and Jay some other time."

Jay sent Al a look that said 'I told you so' and once the both of them left, I walked into the living room. Before I could look around, I was slammed against the wall and my breath left me in a surprised gasp.

"What the fuck did you do to Cassie?" Chase snarled at me. I saw Dad step forward from the corner of my eye. Noticing him, Chase glanced at him. "Oh don't worry. I won't hurt him, yet."

He shoved me harder repeating his question.

"What are you talking about? She broke up with me a month ago and I haven't talked to her in over a week," I said, pushing him away from me so I could stand properly. He backed off, still glaring at me.

"Well what did you do to make her break up with you?"

Uh oh. I tried to school my expression. "Why do you think it's my fault?"

He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at me. "Because you're practically oozing guilt and Cassie cares far too fucking much about you to dump your ass unless it was something big. Lie to me and I'll tie you to the back of your Harley and go for a joy-ride." Okay, so a good liar, I was not.

"Umm, I didn't -"

"Dean, I had no idea you were such a coward." My eyes widened in shock as I stared at Dad.

"What?"

"Tell him what you said. I've never seen so much pain in the eyes of someone so young before I talked to her once you left. So I know what you did was shitty even if I don't know the context."

Chase's attention turned back to me, his eyes burning with so much anger that I flinched. "What the fuck did you say to my baby sister?"

I mumbled a reply and when his expression didn't change, I repeated myself louder. The punch he threw frankly didn't surprise me. When he grabbed my shirt and raised his fist again, Dad stepped in - probably realizing that I would't fight back.

"Once, I'll allow. He deserved it but you will not beat up my son. Especially not under my roof."

Chase dropped his hand and walked away taking in a deep breath as he looked out the window. I winced as my hand touched my cheek. Fuck, he knew how to hit.

A few minutes later, he faced us again.

"I'm sorry."

At my surprise, he sent me a scathing look. "I was talking to your dad. I'm sorry, Henry."

Dad nodded before looking at him curiously. "Why are you here now though? You didn't come when they broke up."

I flinched remembering the pain in Cass's eyes every time I talked to her since.