Chapter 48 - "Now you know why you're doing this."

[Cass's POV] 

"You sure she said to meet here?" He asked for the third time in five minutes.

"I don't know, C. Do you know any other fucking warehouse at the edge of town? I didn't think so. Now shut up." 

"I'd be grateful if I were you. I could just tell Chase or Dean what you're up to. Or both." 

I rolled my eyes. "You'll fuck things up worse if you do that." 

He grunted, which meant that he'd understood. Good. 

A car's headlights shone as it came around the other side of the building until it came to a stop a few feet away from us. The lights went out and I dropped the hand that I had raised to protect my eyes from the bright glare. 

Tabitha Granger stepped out of the dark sedan looking extremely pleased with herself. My fists clenched of their own accord until I felt C pat my arm, as a means to placate me probably. Not that it would work. 

"Ah, the woman of the hour," She said, stepping forward to stand in front of us as a fair haired man moved to stand next to her in a protective stance, a body guard - smart move. 

"We're here to discuss a deal, not make small talk. So can we get to the point?" I just wanted to go to bed. I was exhausted from my shitty excuse of a day.

"Fine, business it is then." She lost her smile and straightened up, no longer looking relaxed. "I'm assuming you have a limit?" 

I nodded. "Spring break." 

"What about it?" She raised an eyebrow. 

"For that one week, I'll fight as many as I can so long as I'm physically healthy enough to."

"And what do you get?" 

"Fifty percent of whatever I make, I don't give a damn about what happens to the rest. And you leave the Boltons and anyone else I care about alone. You do not talk to them, you do not communicate with them or harm them - physically, emotionally or mentally."  I'd tried to not leave any loopholes. 

"What if I don't follow through?" 

I shrugged. "Your call but I'll get the police involved."

Tabitha narrowed her eyes at me. "You'll go down with us." 

"I'm aware." 

"And if you don't follow through?" 

"I'm yours for as long as I have entertainment value." 

"What? Cass!" C protested but I stepped on his foot to shut him up. This is exactly why I didn't tell him all the specifics earlier.

Her eyes glinted and a shiver went down my spine at the thought of my fate if I broke the deal.

"Agreed." 

She held out her hand and I glanced at it warily before extending mine and shaking it. 

"I'll call you the day before your spring break begins. Thank you very much, Cassandra." 

Tabitha let my hand go and smirked before heading to the car, her guard hot on her heels. When they were out of sight, a hand smacked the back of my head. 

"What the fuck were you thinking, Winters?" 

I hit his shoulder in return. "That I was solving a big problem with an easy solution."

C shook his head before leading us to his bike. "You're going to get yourself killed for love." 

I stilled. Love?