Chapter 38 - "But you're my douchebag."

Picture of Cass ^^ 

[Dean's P.O.V] 

"So, where's Cass?" Al asked from the backseat. I glanced at Jay who had his eyes on the road but was clearly interested in my answer. 

"How would I know?" I asked, trying not to smirk.

"Maybe because - oh, I don't know, because you spent over three days with her? In another town," Al said sarcastically. 

"Well, she's probably on her way to school but that's just an educated guess," I said, cutting off the discussion. 

As Jay pulled up into an empty parking spot, I took out my phone to check the text I'd gotten.

Cass : I'm heading straight to class. See you at break.

A few hours later, I was followed by Jase and Al as we walked to Cass's locker. I'd texted her back that we'd meet there. She was leaning on her locker, frowning at her phone when we reached.

"What's wrong?" 

She looked up from her phone and slipped it into her pocket. 

"I haven't talked to Chase since we got back."

"How come?" I asked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as we lead the way to the cafeteria.

"He wasn't home when I reached and he was gone by the time I woke up. He's avoiding me." 

She was clearly upset about this and I knew exactly how to cheer her up. 

"Come here." I pulled her into a hug in the middle of the sparsely populated hallway. Al and Jay stood to the side awkwardly and when he saw that I was looking, Al winked. I rolled my eyes and stooped a little lower  to nuzzle her ear.

"I know how to make you feel better," I murmured and felt her smile against my neck. 

"Oh yeah? How're you going to do that?" 

I pulled back slightly and captured her lips between mine. She kissed back, her hand slid up my back and caught the back of my neck. She stroked it slightly and the tickling feeling made me smile against her lip as I lifted my hand to brush her cheek with my thumb. Before I could deepen the kiss, Cass pulled away smirking. 

"If we don't stop, they'll go into shock." 

I'd completely forgotten Al and Jay had been right there and turned to them to find them staring at us gobsmacked. 

"What?" They asked in unison. 

"Oh did I forget to mention? Cass is my girlfriend now," I said in a nonchalant tone, leaving one of my arms wrapped around her waist. 

Al let out a loud whoop while Jay just grinned a knowing smile.

"I fucking knew it," Al said as we continued on to the Cafeteria. 

"No you didn't. Shut up, Monroe," Jay countered making Al pull him into a head-lock and give him a noogie. 

"Hey, Dipshits. I'm hungry, I didn't have time to make something at home so I have to settle with some school produced shit. I'm not a happy camper so let's go," My girlfriend said before slipping her arm to wrap around my lower back as we walked. 

"Not even after that magical kiss?" Al asked, widening his eyes in fake-surprise after letting Jase go. 

Cass just flipped him off and I chuckled, pressing a kiss to her temple.