Chapter Eighteen, Pink Is a Lovely Color

A/N: This is the point in the story where RainbowStealer101 stopped. From here on out, I am responsible for the plot points and where they lead. So without further ado, let's get back to your regularly scheduled program-
——————————————————————

You stared in utter shock at the sight before you. Your eyes grew watery and your heartbeat slowed down as if you couldn't believe what you were looking at. There, on the fancy carpeted floor, was what remained of Prysm. His neck was broken and cracked, skull barely attached. One of his arms was dislocated, and what was worse- there was no light... no sign of life within his empty eye sockets that were now completely dark. Erebus stood over his corpse for a brief moment, not noticing you were there. When he turned his head and saw you, he froze. "Y/N! What a surprise, I thought you were still reading down in the library."

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?! YOU ASSHOLE!" You marched forward angrily, allowing tears to roll down your cheeks when you looked up at his beady, violet eyes. Erebus stood calmly with his hands behind his back. He looked at you as if you were a child throwing a tantrum, as if what you were yelling about was only trivial. "He was a thief and a traitor, he would've died anyway at the hands of Herobrine. If anything, dear, you should be thanking me for giving him a painless death." Erebus said. "Painless?! Are you blind?! ARE YOU DEAF?! Prysm was no thief! He never did anything wrong in his entire life! HE WAS MY FRIEND! He was family! He was the only person I could trust! H-He was the only one I could talk to when... when Herobrine turned on me, and now..." Your voice cracked. The knot in your throat prevented you from ranting further as the dark truth settled in. "N-Now he's gone too..." Memories of losing Steve flooded back into your head. Prysm was the last friend you had, and now he had left you just like Steve. Words couldn't describe how horrible you felt. It was as if you were reliving the moment you had discovered Steve's bloodied body that night. Sadness swelled inside your heart when Erebus spoke again, "Honestly, Y/N. He was a mere servant. His death is nothing worth pondering. Master Herobrine will be home at any minute, so I suggest you recollect yourself and allow me to clean up this mess." His words sounded polite and proper, yet they held the insanity of his inhumane actions.

"You're going to die when he gets home! He's going to make you pay for this!" You suddenly snapped, catching Erebus' attention. "Hmm? Care to repeat that?" He asked, to which you shouted back, "Hero promised me nobody else would die at my expense as long as I stay here willingly! By killing Prysm, you broke his promise to me and now you'll pay the price once he returns!!!" With that, you turned and ran out of the room because you didn't want Erebus to see you cry. He watched you leave, but made no effort to stop you.

Everything ached inside your soul.

You ran downstairs, not knowing what room you should go in. You could feel yourself hyperventilating with every frantic step.  Curses ran in and out of your head as tears fogged up your sense of right and wrong. Prysm was dead and it was all your fault! DAMN EREBUS! DAMN HIM! In that moment, you needed an outlet, something that would ease the immense emotional pain you felt. Death wasn't an option, neither was running away. What could've possible helped you to cope with your grief? Even though everything felt like a blur the more you sobbed, your body had a mind of its own. Your legs wandered and wandered, your feet slamming onto the floor. The deeper you got into the mansion, an idea sparked inside your head. Since you had explored half of the rooms earlier that day, you remembered there was a decent sized cellar you had come across that morning. It didn't take long to locate the set of red brick stairs that led down to a small oak door with black iron hinges. You wiped your eyes and wobbled towards the door. Luckily, it was unlocked. Once you were inside, you shut it behind you and flipped a nearby lever. Instantly, the room was alit by the light of redstone lamps.