Chapter Thirty, Monte & Prysm

~Six Years Later~

A warm breeze blew straight through the windchimes that hung from the open porch of a two-story cottage that sat in the center of a wide green field. The walls were made of dark oak, outlined with polished birch wood and cobblestone rails. The windows were large and opened, allowing the sound of birds to fill the hot air with a cheerful glow. Paintings, all homemade, hung from the walls along with the faded journal clippings that had been framed. Outside, you sat on a wooden swing that hung from the stone beams that supported the porch covering. In your lap was a sketchbook, and in your hand was a piece of half-used charcoal that you rubbed in between your fingers every once and a while. You could hear the water from the nearby stream flowing through your ears. It never ceased to calm your creative head no matter how many times you heard it.

You wore a lilac dress that was silky to the touch. Your hair was pulled back into a low bun that grew messier as the wind thrashed softly against it. From the simple house to the floating trees above you, you had a perfect view of the large monumental wall that marked the edge of the world. And through its cracks and crevices, you were able to feel the presence of Notch himself from time to time. Closing your sketchbook, you reached for the glass of orange juice that was resting on a nearby side table. Just as you did so, the most beautiful voice you could've ever imagined entered your ears.

"Momma! Momma! Look what I did!" A little girl with chestnut hair and eyes brighter than starlight excitedly approached you.

"What is it, Prysm?" You asked with a smile, standing up to watch as she dangled what looked to be a fully cooked, blackened fish in front of her face. You had named your daughter after one of your best friends, never forgetting his bravery whenever you said her name.

"Daddy taught me how to cook a fish using thunder!" She exclaimed with a big grin.

"Did he, now?" You chuckled and shook your head, kneeling down so that you could pick her up. It was hard to have a child that shared Herobrine's powers. "No thunder in the house" was a rule that was made to accompany other rules such as "No playing with fire." Even then, you and Herobrine had an unconditional love for your children. When Prysm was born, and Herobrine held that tiny bundle of joy in his hands, you had never seen such devotion, such raw happiness in all your life. Just before you could say another word, you nearly bursted out laughing when you gazed towards the stream and saw Herobrine almost completely soaked with water. On his shoulders sat a little boy that shared your eyes as well as his father's darker hair. "Momma! Momma look! I caught a fish too!" He bragged, waving a slightly smaller salmon that was still struggling in his gasp over his head. You smiled at him, giggling as Herobrine set him down on the porch so that the little boy could waddle over to you.

"Thought I would take them on a little fishing trip before lunch." Herobrine told you sheepishly. You rolled your eyes playfully, placing Prysm back on her feet before planting a small kiss on the corner of his lips. "As long as you do the dishes." You smirked back.

"My fish is bigger than yours!" Your son argued to his sister.

"No it's not, Monte!" Prysm huffed back, sticking out her tongue at her little brother.

Before their arguing could escalate, you distracted them by saying, "Enough. If either of you want cake for dessert, you'll go inside and wash up. Hurry along now before your lunch gets cold. We're having rabbit stew." You told them sternly. With that, Prysm and Monte both smiled at each other before rushing inside as fast as their little feet could take them, leaving you and Herobrine alone.

"Rabbit stew sounds good~." He told you, wrapping both his hands around your waist from behind. "You didn't have to cook, you know."

"But I wanted to." You smiled back, placing your hands on top of his even though they were still wet from the river.

"Awe come on, sweetheart, can't I cook for my wife?" He hummed flirtatiously. You knew that tone all too well, "Save it for tonight, Hero. After the kids have gone to bed." You grinned almost teasingly.

"They're getting so smart. They're the greatest miracle you could've given me." Herobrine planted a small kiss on the corner of your lips. You placed your hands on top of his, letting your head rest on his chest as he dragged you back to that wooden swing. Now sitting on his lap, you said, "You make a great father... up until these last couple of years, I didn't take you as being the parental type."

"What can I say? They're my weakness. They'll grow up so fast and leave us behind one day. I'll still love them so much I won't know what to do. But you know what?"

"What?"

"When their innocence runs out, I'll still have you to love me more... to fill that little gap." He chuckled.

You sighed deeply, allowing yourself to sit in his grasp as the sun overhead made its way halfway across the sky. The windchimes cooed lightly, giving you a sense of utter serenity. Herobrine's hands around you still often felt possessive, but at the same time you had learnt to like it. Despite being secluded from two worlds, nothing could compare to the happiness you felt for your family.

"Hero?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"You still have to do the dishes."

Both of you laughed in harmony, feeling at peace once you let out your inner thoughts. And as the world drifted, as the seasons changed and the windchimes whistled onwards, everything was complete. Beyond the hills of the Far Lands, past biomes and oceans, Alex, Monte, and Prysm traveled to their heart's content, liberating villages after villages from pillagers and mobs who still viewed humans as inferior. They went down in history just by helping those in need, putting the Bazaar out of business due to lack of crime and greed. As for Erebus, well, he still ran the nether and the end dimensions with such care that rivaled Herobrine's past maintenance. Every enderman, ghast, and blaze bowed down to him whenever he appeared, respecting him more than the nether king himself.

And somewhere, somewhere in the outer realm's past... a boy with chocolate hair, a cyan shirt, dark blue pants, and hazel eyes sat at a table with a bowl of cereal in front of him. His mom calling to him from the kitchen, Steve, you'll be late for school.

When your eyes gazed at the daisies that floated in the wind, you allowed yourself to smile just as you had done for the past happiest years of your life.

And so, I guess you could say...

You lived Happily Ever After,

The End.