Twelve : Glum

"Jungkook?"

The anxious voice cuts through the fraught silence settled in the four walls of the hall. His eyes were tightly closed, slow tears leaving its stain over his ashen cheeks.

His body felt numb at the coldness he's laying in—he seeked comfort in the cold floor. From a sight of a third eye, it would seem as if a man was calmly laying on the floor, probably in deep slumber. They would never know or even imagine a depression would also appear like this.

"Jungkook, are you listening to me?"

After a short silence, jungkook's body shows a small response. He thickly swallows, his parched mouth parting to gasp for air. His heavy eyelids fluttering away its blurness as he tried to stare clearly at the white ceiling.

"How's he hyung?" His stammering voice was barely audible for yoongi through the phone.

"He's alright. He's completely alright" Yoongi pressed his words, yet jungkook sensed the concealment in it. His heart knew taehyung was no where near alright-he was in so much pain, too far away from him.

"He's thankfully sleeping now so don't worry about him, jimin is here with him" Yoongi assured, probably hundredth time now.

Yoongi was tensed more for jungkook, clearly. He was assured about taehyung as jimin would try everything to lessen his pain but jungkook—it was hard and a nearly impossible to console him, especially when taehyung was apart from him.

He wanted to inform hoseok and ask him to reach out for jungkook as soon as possible but jungkook was in denial, he clearly wanted to be alone but yoongi was not sure about it. He cannot leave taehyung and jimin a night alone, he had to be with them with anything they needed. Nivi was another responsibility.

At last he did ended up calling hoseok, only to know he is at his duty hours. Namjoon wasn't even the option when his daughter, Ara was undergoing treatment for earache.

"Jungkook talk to me" Yoongi's concerned voice was heard through the line again.

Jungkook eyes didn't blink for a long time now as he faintly asks, "Do you—do you feel disgusted by me hyung?"

"Jungkook—" Yoongi doleful voice immediately came up quick. He was disappointed, hurt but never loathed on jungkook. He only felt pity for him as the younger was trying his best to get back to a normal life with taehyung, but the awful past has to devastate everything.

"Did he cr-cry a lot hyung?" His voice cracked, throat constricting. Yoongi was closing his eyes, feeling the pain through his brother's voice.

"He did...in my arms, he cried a lot" Jungkook's vision on the ceiling blurred again as tears brimmed up in his tired eyes.

Yoongi tenses, remembering jungkook going into a panic attack after seeing taehyung's tears. He need to distract or occupy jungkook's mind with something because getting a panic attack at this stressful moment is quite risky.

"I remember pr-promising him that i...i won't let his tears fall again" Jungkook whimpers, his tears streaming down the same path as the dried stains sticking to his face.

"I break every...promise" He sniffled, "Each one of it!"

"Jungkook, do you love taehyung?" Yoongi's tone was cautiously controlled, preparing for something adamant that would occupy inside jungkook's depressed mind.

"I love him, i love him hyung" His voice broke into convulsive sobs, "I love him so much"

"I know, i know, then be strong for him" Yoongi's softly tries to provide him comfort. The only way jungkook would find comfort at this despondent moment was through taehyung, yoongi knew it.