Forty eight : Nonplussed

PAST

I'm spinning the pen between my fingers while mentally noting the ideas proposed by Baekhyun. His choice for the designer of our smartwatch production is exceptional. I went through few of his previous works and he has the ability to be innovative when it comes to creating new products.

Baekhyun is incredibly nimble and open to discussions. He's not bull-headed when a suggestion is proposed, he listens and accepts if it's a better option. That's something i admire about him.

I arrived at the building of Isatech at noon and the presentation finished only about ten minutes ago. Baekhyun and I stayed to discuss the final changes and i think it's almost done. My gaze shifts to my phone on the table, I swiftly turn it over and check if i got any notifications from taehyung but there's none.

The spinning of pen picks up a speed. Is he not finished with his paintings yet? He should really start being an independent artist rather than taking commissions which always puts him on a pressure. Okay, i think i'm being homesick and it's only been four days. I'll be back home in three days, I should get a grip and stop acting like a lovesick puppy.

"I'll tell Jones to speed up with the manufacturing" Baekhyun says, forcing me to take my hands off my phone.

"No, it's fine. Let him take his time" I finally leave my pen alone.

Baekhyun nods with a kind smile. He got out of his seat and closed his laptop, just as he did his assistant knocked on the door before entering. She glanced at me and then at Doyoon who's sitting opposite to me.

"Yes, Gracia?" Baekhyun urged her to speak.

She held her file close to her chest, "Sir, your father is here"

A frown took over Baekhyun's face. He pursed his lips and nodded his head a few times, "Did he ask for me?"

The woman shook her head, "No, he's actually on his way here"

The surprise on his face said that's a first time his father arrived at his office without informing.

I got up. Doyoon followed me. We're done here anyway and I don't want to get pulled into his family stuffs. "I'll be going now, baekhyun"

Baekhyun looked regretfully at me. "I'm sorry jungkook, i wanted to show you the model"

"It's totally fine. I'll be here tomorrow" I assured.

He nodded with a tense smile, "Yeah, see you at morning"

His assistant stepped aside to give me way. Doyoon opened the door for me and I'm immediately met with Mr. Byun Heebong's face.

"What a pleasant surprise"

Wish i could say the same. He steps in, forcing me backwards. I plastered a fake smile on my face. Baekhyun hurried closer to his father, but Mr. Byun kept his eyes on me.

"Jeon? Jeon Jungkook?" He tilted his head, smiling sweetly at me like I'm a kid for whom he bought a candy. "Right?"

"Yes, sir" I nod with a pressed smile. I wonder how he managed to remember my name after two days when he was struggling with it after only minutes of hearing it.