Forty six : Noise

Blood pounded in his ears louder than the water splashing around the sink. He continued washing his hands, obsessively trying to rub off his brother's blood from his hands. He doesn't stop until he can feel his skin threatening to peel off against his force.

His vision blurred as leaned to the bathroom counter, breathing in and out through his mouth. There's tingles running in his feet. He's losing it. He's feeling himself detached from his body.

Jungkook closed his eyes and clutched on the edges of the counter tightly. He can't let this happen. He can't loose the batte against himself when he has to fight for his family.

He forced his mind to think about something that gives him peace. His whimpers turned loud as he struggled against the invasion of dreadful thoughts. His lips mumbled, "Taehyung"

Soft breathes mingled. Taehyung comfortably laid his head on jungkook's chest, hearing his fast heartbeats. He looked up at him and rested his chin on his chest. They were laying on the bed, cuddled up together.

His hazel eyes landed on the ring hung on the thin silver chain that jungkook wore around his neck. It shone against his toned chest.

"Do you remember the time when you proposed me with this ring?" His eyes sparkling with curiosity.

Jungkook caressed his waist, smiling. "Not yet"

Taehyung grinned dreamily. "It was beautiful"

Jungkook ran a hand up his spine, all the way to hold his nape. Taehyung shivers under his sensual stroking, "We were under the rain"

Brushing a kiss on top of his head, jungkook whispered, "Okay. No spoilers, please"

A silvery laugh rose from taehyung, the one that soothes his soul.

Jungkook took a long, slow breath. He gripped his chest, right on where his heart galloped. It took him another five minutes of breathing session to finally get a grip on himself.

He gathered strength and walked out of the bathroom. He sat on one of the waiting chair. Jungmin must have stopped crying by now. He must have gone completely silent, watching his uncle and wondering when he'll get home. This time, no made up stories of taehyung can make his son forget the fright and trauma he experienced.

Tears gather in his eyes. His ears bleed with his son's cries. He can constantly hear jungmin calling for him. The rush of few nurses into the operating room pulled him out of his anxious thoughts.

The surgeon attending yoongi said he's got the gunshot wound to the left posterior chest. He's hemodynamically stable and currently intubated but the large airway injury is increasing the complexity of retrieving the bullet.

The sun had sunken to the horizon. More than an hour passed since his son was forcibly abducted by Jung Hoseok, the one who thought of as his hyung. He clearly didn't saw it coming, not even in those thousands of nightmares he had.

Up till now, he's done nothing but sit lifeless like he's guarding the operating room. Where's he supposed to look for his son? What will he tell to his husband? He doesn't know how he'll show his face to taehyung after failing to protect their son.

He felt someone sit beside him. He closed his eyes briefly in vexation. The man extended a phone towards him, "We found this at the parking lot"

Jungkook took a bit time to shot a glance at it, it was Hoseok's phone. His jaw clenched as he looked away.

The man cleared his throat upon his silence, "We checked through it, it got no passcode so we expected something that could give us a lead but it has nothing. No contacts, no messages, nothing"