Thirty one : Blithe

𝙋𝘼𝙎𝙏

I could only feel him. Not the sting of tears in my eyes. Not my hammering heart. Just him. The feel of his soft lips and eager hands tugging my hair were the only thing clouding my head.

I didn't want to accept the reality that this might be the last time we'd meet. The last time we'd kiss and share each other's warmth.

My tongue invades his mouth, registering his sweet taste safely to my mind. I pulled him to my chest and felt him moan at the electricity shooting our bodies. My hands were caressing his face which suddenly sensed hot wetness, making me pull back and look at him with worry in my eyes.

"Tae" He didn't open his eyes, his thick lashes were stricken with tears and my heart clenched at that sight, i felt so helpless.

I gently wiped his tears away, i hate seeing them. "Baby, please"

Taehyung clutched to my hands. "I don't-i don't want to do this. I want to be with you"

I leaned down to his level to meet his lowered eyes. His whimpers were daggers striking to my chest. I kissed his forehead, "I know. I know"

A painful cry broke out from taehyung, he hugged me tightly like i'd disappear any second if he doesn't hold me. I could no longer restraint my tears, it fell down from my eyes while bringing more and more.

He wouldn't stop crying. Maybe he couldn't stop it. Same as i wasn't able enough to stop my whimpers from escaping my mouth. Occasionally, taehyung would press his lips together and tries his best to keep down the sounds. We couldn't manage to be get caught.

The rush of cold wind from the window was constant. His room was completely drenched in darkness, just stripes of moonlight scattered on floor. I carried him in my arms and gently made him sit on the bed, the mattress dipped down to our weight.

He shivered as i wiped his tears. "I don't know what to do-"

"Come with me" I breathed out against his quivering lips. I didn't think twice while saying that, simply desperate to not lose him.

I couldn't bare the pain of knowing that despite loving each other such purely, we're forced to separate by some third force. He'll leave to Daegu tomorrow, for his marriage with someone he doesn't love. We tried everything to convince his parents. But his father is too adamant with his revulsion towards me.

His son cried before him, i begged on my knees for him yesterday, yet nothing changed his cold heart. His hatred for an orphan who he believes will reach no where had blinded his eyes to unsee his son's pain.

All of this because of me. All of his pain, all of his tears, caused because of me. If at all i wasn't an orphan, this would've been avoided. A physical pain lingered my chest, spreading a strange weakness throughout my body. It increased everytime when i saw his tears falling.

"We can live our life together.... We can-" I stopped myself from further speaking as soon as i deciphered taehyung's lowered eyes.

The realisation punched in my gut painfully. What was i even saying? I was literally asking him to leave his parents and elope with me. I was telling him to leave his parents to face the humiliation from society. I know how lucky it is to have parents, yet i was asking him to choose me above them.

I couldn't raise my eyes in shame of the selfishness i uttered. "I'm sorry"

Taehyung shook his head, "No... You don't have to be"

"I won't leave my parents" He said, holding my hands and squeezing them softly to comfort me. "I can't... I can't do that. I can't let them go through that pain"