Eighteen : Puzzled

Long one :)

⚠ Warning for triggering contents.

Yeonjun stuffed his hands on his trouser pockets, checking on the pendrive for a last time. He glanced towards rose who was tying her hair in a high bun, the blue jumpsuit seems a size smaller on her slim body.

She looked tensed, even though she was hiding it properly, he could sense the nervousness in her movements.

They both were dressed in clothes that suits for a plumber, every details taken care of to appear as authentic as possible.

Rose caught his eyes, giving a quick assuring smile before averting her attention to Gunjoo who approached near her.

"You look just like a plumber" He praised, yeonjun rolled his eyes. What did he expected her to look like instead?

Rose pressed a smile and checked the tools in the box that they're gonna carry, just in case. Gunjoo cocked his brow and boldly decided to undo her front button, startling rose abruptly.

Yeonjun's eyes blazed in fury as he slapped his hand away, "What do you think you're doing, huh?"

"Jeez, she's gonna need to do that" Gunjoo seemed flustered, eyeing at rose who was looking at him with narrowed eyes, "It will help to lure that old man"

"She knows how to do things better than you, so just back off" Yeonjun stood in front of rose possessively.

Rose observed a hint of objection in gunjoo's face, upsetting him would be a great loss at this crucial moment. She touched yeonjun's shoulder and whispered, "It's alright"

She smiled at gunjoo and softly mumbled, "I won't mess up"

"No but if you do, i'm going to jail with you two" Gunjoo huffs, trying to mask away his embarrassment in the form of anger.

"You won't gunjoo, how will someone know about you if we don't tell them?" Rose says calmly and got off the van, yeonjun following her shortly.

"Alright, i'll wait here. Fighting" Gunjoo cheers, lifting up his fist.

Yeonjun looks away while rose grins at him. They both proceed to walk, the van was parked a long distance away from Miss. Choi's mansion.

They could see the cathedral roof top of the large dwelling house, slanting diagonally across a concrete and wooden base. The frontage finishes off with a row of manicured garden hedges and sanded wooden panels leading to the front door.

As they got close, yeonjun held rose's arm and turned her to stop. She blinked her eyes in confusion until yeonjun raises his hands and nervously works on the button which gunjoo opened.

She looks down at his fumbling hands, unable to stop the heat spreading on her cheeks. Yeonjun securely buttoned her front, covering her exposed skin with a satisfied smile.

"There's no need of any flirting, we can get things done without it" He says in a soft voice.

Rose purses her lips, shortly nodding her head. Yeonjun clasped his hands with her warm ones. "You don't have to stress, okay? I'll be there with you."

She didn't realize her sudden puckered lips, "I'm not stressed"

Yeonjun pressed a smile and held her hand, "Let's go"

She only nodded as yeonjun led their way towards the mansion. They approached the main gate, yeonjun pressing the button. They waited for the shutters to open, just when it did, the two guards slowly got closer.

One of them was a middle-aged man having grey beard and fat belly. The other seemed a portly man in his thirties or forties, wearing a wool beret with his uniform.