Forty one : Tension

Five days.
Five days,
And seven hours.

It's been that long since jungkook wrapped his hands around taehyung's tiny waist and squeezed him close to his heart, nuzzling to his neck and kissing his collarbones until he finally gets to taste his mouth.

It's been a torture. He tried to occupy his mind with plenty of works which eventually ended up with him spacing out in the middle of all meetings. Even jungmin failed to distract him from taehyung's thoughts.

Honestly if jungmin tried he'd have succeeded but little one was too busy with his grandma lately. Yes, that happened. Taehyung's mother decided to come over three days back. She initially had plans to stay with jimin and help him with the baby but taehyung insisted her to stay with jungmin instead.

The reason was jimin being awkward to take her kind help and it was going to be another pressure on his shoulders which taehyung didn't want for his best friend. Taehyung's mother then decided to travel back to her hometown but taehyung told her to stay with jungmin until he's back home.

Jungkook did felt a bit defensive as it somewhere meant taehyung had doubts that he couldn't take care of his son in his absence. Upon clearing it with taehyung, he realised he's the CEO who got loads of works to handle. Jungkook spends half of his day in office and it could have been okay if jungmin wasn't having holidays from his school which is closed temporarily due to heavy rains.

Jungkook wasn't an obsessive type of husband who wants to be included in every teeny tiny bit of affairs taehyung deals with in his life. He's the type of life partner who supports his husband in his every choices. If his husband wants to stay with his friend for as long as he wants then he will do right that without any disagreement from his side.

All of it doesn't have to mean he wouldn't stop reminding his husband how much he misses him. In short, jungkook didn't miss one day to visit his hyung's house and meet his husband. Every single day he'll come up with some sort of excuse which everyone knows holds no meaning.

He subtly tells taehyung to come back home, with lots of hidden meaning which implies 'your dwarf best friend is doing just fine with his baby and it's not his first time raising a adorable newborn so he should stop worrying too much about him'. Yet, taehyung ignores it.

The annoying part was jimin hadn't told him to go home yet. Jungkook can sense yoongi supports him but it's these best friends who can't see through anything else. Don't get him wrong, he supports taehyung in helping his friend but he's turning into a beast with each day passing.

Sometimes he takes jungmin along with him, hoping for a change of heart by instructing jungmin to act all sad and cute in front of his mama. Jungmin is poor in following instructions, he forgets his script when the baby starts making little noises. He is, in fact, all cool in not having his mama around, enjoying his fun time being spoiled with his grandma's love.

Speaking of grandma, she hadn't spoke one word to him ever since she started staying in the same house as him. He tried to initiate conversations but it ended with her hooded eyes glaring and warning at him to never try it again.

He gave up a day ago when he realised he was making her uncomfortable. She was already uneasy upon staying under his roof without her son, she was here just for her grandson.

Everytime he visits taehyung, he makes sure to remind him, "Jungmin misses you a lot"

Taehyung tries to hide his smile while responding, "I miss him a lot too"

Hearing that, jungkook drives home with a pleasant smile. Whom he gets to see every single day, is Park Bogum. He's been bugging him about the boy to shift him to some other place than the cottage, stating his cottage is not a place for anyone to stay apart from him. Okay, he's been dramatic about it.