Forty five : Deer

TW : The chapter deals with Violence, Blood, slight gore, Abduction and Character death.

(It could be triggering to some so please proceed ONLY if you're certain you can handle the warnings mentioned above)

________________

Taehyung helped his mother with the luggage. It wasn't heavy but he simply likes to do it for her. Mrs. Kim gets out of the car with a smile of relief to reach her home. Sam walks over and stood behind taehyung, "Do you need my help?"

Taehyung shot a look of disbelief at him. He only needed to walk with a luggage which weighed nothing. "Oh no, you can relax"

Sam nods, "Alright. I'll be waiting here"

Taehyung placed the luggage down to the ground, "You don't want to come in?"

Sam shrugged, "You don't like when i follow you around so i'll watch over you from a distance"

Taehyung shook his head with a smile, "Okay, Mr. Hardhead"

Samwoo leaned to the car and smiled as if he complimented him. Taehyung falls in step with his mother and enters his old home. They both look for Mr. Kim, finding him nowhere.

"Appa" Taehyung finally calls, getting no response.

"He must be in the kitchen. I'll check" Mrs. Kim says and heads over to the kitchen.

Taehyung walks in and lets himself fall to the couch with an exhausted sigh. He closes his eyes and breathes in the freshness of his home.

A series of thuds makes him to open his eyes. He looks to his right, from where the noise is coming. He recognizes the few grunts that belongs to his father. "Appa?"

Taehyung rose and decides to check on what's happening. He makes his way towards the smaller side, confused. He yelps a little, startled when a wooden table suddenly appears before him. He stumbles and almost loses balance but thankfully a strong grip on his wrist steadied him.

"Careful there" Bogum whispered.

Taehyung's eyes grew wide in surprise, "Bogum hyung?"

Bogum is carrying a timber table, looking so out of place. His sheepish smile makes taehyung to fold his arms and ask, "What are you doing here?"

Bogum opens his mouth to respond but his father rushes in from behind. "Come on, hurry up. Chairs are left to arrange"

Mr. Kim pats bogum's shoulder as he takes out the table to the center of hall. Taehyung blinks in confusion, "You're making him work, Appa?"

"No, he volunteered" Mr. Kim laughs, "I'm glad he decided to visit. I needed a hand on moving things"

Taehyung shakes his head, approaching them. "I had no idea you were here, hyung? When did you get here?"

Bogum lets out a weary sigh, sweating by the tedious chore of shifting the table. He straightened his spine, "I arrived in the morning, wanted to visit to Eomma since she was nagging a lot"

Taehyung nods with a frown, "Didn't you tell jungkook? I don't remember him mentioning you would be here"

Bogum takes a deep breath, forehead wrinkling grimly. It was a unusual sight for taehyung. He notices how bogum masked his tension away with a scoff, "You say as if i tell him everything"

"You don't? I thought he's your friend" Taehyung raises a brow at him.

"What?" Mr. Kim turns at them, shocked by their conversation. It was only clever for them to act fool rather than getting an earful from Mr. Kim.