Thirty five : Desirous

"So they fought?" The monotonous voice somewhat irritates jungkook but he chooses to be polite and patient.

"Yes, one of them wanted to kill me as i caused him a few damage. While the other was arguing they're supposed to keep me unharmed" As he said, he recalled the short conversation that happened between the two men who turned their world upside down in a matter of seconds.

We're told not to harm him at any cost.

It was clear they wanted to only harm taehyung and his son. And to maybe kidnap him as well. No matter how much he thinks about it, he can't get through anyone who would target for taehyung. Well, there's one.

A lava of anger bubbles inside him, he won't let anyone live peacefully who aims to harm his family. Taehyung is right beside him and yoongi is calmly settled on the couch ahead, keeping an eye on the two cops who are here to take the details of the case for the second time. The first time they came was a day after he woke up.

The investigation got no leads till now. It's been five days since that incident and the cops have been searching for those two bastards but claims to catch thin air. The only thing they caught was the car and the dead man inside it whom he killed. The other two are still on loose. Yoongi gave him an earful on what details he should mention to the cops and what not.

Jungkook was an inch away from taking the charges back. He doesn't want a case open which seems to get no result at all. Bogum told him about the cctv footage and he's positive he can catch them before the police can get a hold on them by any sheer luck. The former is better in all ways as he can enjoy his time on giving them a arrant torture.

He's sitting up right now, his back leaned to the headboard. He took a quick helluva run and came back to earth after the nurse finished dressing his moist burns and wounds, it's a usual thing now. At first he was too embarrassed to face taehyung after all the screaming and crying he did but now it's very much normal.

"And the argument raised and one of them killed the other?" The officer narrowed his cold eyes suspiciously at him.

He doesn't give a damn if he's caught on lying but he won't just give it away that easily as this man, inspector Lee kwangsoo, is greatly irritating him since the day one and he just wants to do the same to him.

"Yes sir" He said with a polite (but has a subtle mock) smile.

The cop flipped through pages of his file. "But we got three blood samples from the car?"

Jungkook raises his brow curiously.

"One of it matches with yours while the other matches with person who died. Who do you think the third sample belong to, Mr. Jeon?"

Oh, maybe the one he stabbed on the thigh and didn't forgot to twist the blade to ooze out more of his filthy blood and screams.

"I don't know. Maybe the other person was injured during his fight with the one he killed" He doesn't know if it's right to enjoy lying but he's just loving this session.

Lee's eyes narrowed futher. "And you took the chance and ran out of the car?"

Jungkook rubbed the cast on his left hand with the right. "Yes"

The officer rubbed his beard, "The other two didn't follow you?"

Jungkook met his hard stare calmly, "They didn't follow me to the house on fire, no"

"Alright" Lee's jaw clenched. The other cop behind him was silent just like the first time, maybe he was only meant to take notes.

"According to the statement, it gives away only one conclusion that the attackers wanted to kill your husband and son, and maybe not you" He said and jungkook nodded, okay so he isn't as stupid as he thought.