Twenty five : Unsettling

Only one thing rattled in the center of his head, "How is it possible!?"

The prison warden was polite to explain the unbelievable details to him. The one they came to visit—byun baekhyun—was no more alive in this world.

Murdered three years ago. In the central jail. By a bunch of cruel, sadistic prisoners.

They came all the way down from Seoul to search for a dead person.

The news was shocking enough to cause his hands tremble. Bogum was right beside him, his face expressionless. They were in the central jail, right on ten o clock. And right half an hour later, jungkook was froze with absolute disbelief.

How come no one was aware of his death? Apparently baekhyun's father didn't wanted his son's unfortunate death to be enjoyed by the media for headlines. They already had shamed him as a criminal, he didn't wanted his death to be mocked and laughed at. To respect his son, he had used his all powers to shut the mouth of everyone who got to know about it.

The officer hadn't disclosed much about it, saying the information are legally confidential and they need proper authorisation to access it.

Jungkook wasn't in a calm state to settle the formalities of their visit, he'd left it for bogum and john. He only moved for signing a couple of documents.

As they walked over to their parked car, jungkook released his frustration on the bonnet, hitting and cursing. He didn't feel much of mourning thoughts for byun's death, it was more of the loss it caused him.

He had a chance to know about his past. The ugly part of it. The one and only chance and he lost it. It was dead. Now it all came down to him, his memories. The wait and uncertainty of it was insufferable.

"It's not possible" He mumbled between his pants, sensing bogum's eyes on him. "How can someone, anyone, hide the death of such a well known person for three fucking years? Not even a whisper was out!?"

"I agree but the hold Heebong has in LA is beyond our imagination" Bogum spoke in a controlled voice.

Jungkook furrowed his brows in confusion, "Heebong who?"

Bogum was surprisingly calm. "Byun Baekhyun's father"

Jungkook steadied his breathes, taking a moment for himself. "Then maybe his father is hiding him in the name of death"

"No, baekhyun is dead. Those pictures are in no way fake"

It wasn't bogum's disagreement that stiffened him but his surprising words. When he turned at him, he saw the small—a very subtle change in bogum's face—somewhat of the realisation of letting out words unchecked.

Jungkook rose his brow. "Pictures? What pictures?"

"Just a few photographs of his dead body" Bogum opened the car door and got inside, his movements seemed casual and normal but something in jungkook's observant mind said he was avoiding his question.

Jungkook followed him, taking the passenger seat. "I don't think the cop showed us any photos"

Bogum combed his hair back with his fingers. "Yeah he did"

Jungkook grew more dubious. "No, when did he?"

"You were just sitting there. He showed us when we were filling the forms" Bogum looked at john who nodded his head in a weird agreement.

Jungkook shook his head, "That officer said it's highly confidential. They didn't even reveal the date of his death in the sake of confidentiality. How could they just simply show you the photos of his dead body?"