Forty seven : Facts

PAST

I picked up my glass of wine and took a seat near the counter which gave me a perfect view at the dancing floor. It's my second day at LA and people here are intriguingly strange. Strange can sound a bit offensive, different might be a good usage.

I took a glance at my secretary, Kim Dohoon, he temporarily took charge as my secretary for my trip to LA. Rose couldn't make it due to her personal reasons which i don't even remember now.

I was annoyed when she denied to join me along to this one week trip to abroad as i clearly needed someone whom i was comfortable. Rose is excellent at her job, she's even perfect at tasks which i don't even inform her to do.

Her absence means I've to be vocal about everything. I thought yoongi hyung would be there with me but the unfortunate death of his mother forced me to take off alone. I haven't even got a chance to talk to him, he totally distanced himself from everyone. I know he's devastated but i wish for him to not take too long to recover from the pain as yoongi hyung was deeply attached to his mother.

I considered postponing this trip but my company needs this partnership with Isatech, Baekhyun's company, which is one of the subsidiaries operating under the parent company, ByunSee.

This partnership proves to be most comparatively beneficial to my company. It will secure a good position in the market of enterprise communication software and i don't want to risk any change in it.

My phone chimes under my pocket. I take it out with a smile, immediately reading taehyung's reply to my short video which shows the lobby of the hotel i'm staying.

My husband must be looking lethally handsome. Look at those ladies checking you out. Ooh~

I suppressed a laugh and type, You're unbelievable! I'm showing you how the hotels of LA looks like. It's too big for no reason. Ps: no one's checking me out.

I wait, staring at those three dots wiggling inside a bubble.

It's big but cool. Are you saying you can't spot those two women behind you, staring at you like the snack you are. That's rudely disrespectful, atleast give them your number.

I shake my head at his playfulness.
You're my husband, taehyung!

Oh shit. Right. Lemme just--
How dare they stare at my husband!?

I laugh, receiving a quick glance from Dohoon. I ignore him and stare down at my phone like i'm staring into taehyung's beautiful eyes. My smile dims and my fingers naturally move to type, I miss you, love.

Come on, jungkook. It's been only a day.

I frown. You say as if you don't miss me at all.

I glare at the three dots popping at the end. Well, like i said it's been only a day.

I gape at his tease. I like when he's being playful but sometimes he plays too hard.
Do you really not miss me?

What are you doing right now?  I shake my head at his try to dodge my question.

Well, I'm in a boring party which looks like a ball. Apparently Baekhyun is expanding his business.

Lemme guess, wine glass in hand, standing rooted on a place where you get least attention.

I'm immediately abandoning my wine glass on the counter. Sometimes i don't like when he knows me too well. Wrong. I'm sitting.

Jungkook! For god's sake, go have some fun with your friend.

I look around, finding Baekhyun joining the social dancing with a brown women in his arms. I met Baekhyun at an international conference. We exchanged few friendly conversations which in taehyung's language sounds business-y.