Sixteen : Assuage

The recently tarted-up media room almost felt crammed. There must've been ten journalists and camera crew for a maximum of fifteen or twenty, all affable smiles and firm handshakes.

Jungkook followed yoongi down to the raised platform where a two plush armchair were settled in a opposite manner. He knew one of it was his seat.

His face plastered a faint smile, a mask wore to hide his irritated nervousness. He avoided every eyes which constantly fixated on him.

Yeonjun was walking just behind him, holding a file close to his chest. He seemed more nervous than him who is actually going to give a live interview.

It took almost two days for yoongi to finalize this interview, the older was too protective and had checked every details by himself.

He had strictly made sure that jungkook's interview must be done by Jang Hyejin--the broadcast journalist who's popular for her friendly interviewing ability and popularity among the viewers.

She is the only one yoongi puts his trust on not asking any irrelevant and violating questions to jungkook. He had also personally talked to her and requested for regarding the ceo's privacy.

Jungkook raised his eyelids, watching a women dressed in a formal outfit of mustard shirt and black sheath skirt. She was walking towards them with a pleasant grin.

Yoongi shakes her hand, exchanging amiable greetings. Then her eyes gazed at jungkook, "I'm Jang Hyejin, i'll be the one interviewing you sir"

Jungkook felt weird when she used respective words for him as she was older than even yoongi. That was a professional nature after all.

"Yes, thank you Mrs. Jang" Jungkook politely smiled.

"It is a great pleasure to finally meet you Mr. Jeon" She extended her hand out.

Jungkook hesitated to take her hand but nevertheless accepted her friendly hand shake. She suppressed a chuckle, jungkook assumed it to be his visible tension.

"Let me know when you're ready" She had said and yoongi mumbled a yes for him.

As she left, jungkook turned back, not wanting to sight the couple of dozen cameras. He was subtly performing breathing exercises when yoongi held his shoulders.

"You alright?"

Jungkook nodded his head, feeling it difficult to let it out in words.

"Listen, she is a experienced interviewer. She won't ask any questions that would turn stressful for you to answer." Yoongi softened his voice to calm his brooding.

Jungkook again nooded his head. Yoongi glanced at the several eyes on jungkook and acted to fix the younger's grey blazer.

"If it is turning hard, then we can cancel it and shift it for another day"

Jungkook shook his head, "No hyung, i'm ready"

That wasn't convincing, "Are you sure? You can take all time you want"

"I'm sure" Jungkook's eyes shifted at the interviewer who already took her seat and was just waiting for him while briefly checking on her script.

Perceiving yoongi's worried gaze, jungkook mumbles, "Any other day, i'll be looking the same so let's just stick to what is decided"

Yoongi nods his head, asking yeonjun to pass a bottle of water.

"Just relax and be honest" Yoongi says as he hands the bottle to the younger.

Jungkook drinks it up, moistening his constricted throat.

"If anything stresses you up, just look at me. I'll be just in front of your eyes" He hears his hyung which makes him smile genuinely.