1.06

They walked for about twenty minutes, and they found a cave. "We will stay here the night, wait until there's light and gather some supplies," Violet told Murphy. She looked around the cave. It wasn't that big, but it was big enough for the both of them.

The night got really cold; she needed to bring wood to make a fire; she walked out of the cave. "Where are you going," Murphy asked, holding his side. "I'm going to get some wood for a fire to keep us warm," she told him.

John wanted to say something; he didn't want to be left alone. Seeing that John didn't say anything, she walked out of the cave. With the knife in hand, she looked for some wood.

She looked at the different pieces of wood; she was measuring them with each other, the ones that were too small she threw away. "Too small," she said as she threw the small wood back. "Ow," she heard John complain the stick had hit him.

"What are you doing here," she asked him, holding several sticks. "You were taking forever," he said, looking around. "Its been like 8 minutes, John. You missed me already," she said with a joking smile. He scoffed, "never, you know what, I'll just go back to the cave." "You know, since you're here, take the wood back to the cave. Ill just get a bit more," she told him. He got the wood, almost dropping a few, and he walked back to the cave.

She smiled as she walked a bit farther, seeing a good stick "look at you," she said, picking it up. Once she was done, she made her way back to the cave. But she stopped walking "shit, what way was it" everything in the damn forest looked the same, just trees everywhere.

"Ugh," she didnt remember making a lot of turns; she walked straight, hoping for the best. Her face lit up when she saw Murphy outside of the cave holding the sharp weapon in his hand.

"Waiting for me, Johnny boy," Violet said, skipping. "I know you are terrible at finding your way back. If you didnt come back in the next three minutes, I was going to go and get you," he said in a monotone voice. "How sweet of you, but look, I'm right here," she said, spinning around. "I found my way back." "Yeah, lets go inside, I feel like we are being watched," he said, looking around. She looked around, squinting her eyes "by Kyle." "What no, I think grounders," John said.

They were in the cave; the wood that Violet had gathered was on the floor. After 30 minutes of arguing about making the fire, a little flame started to finally form. "See, I told you I could do it," Murphy said proudly of himself.

Seeing the flame getting bigger, Violet dropped the two rocks she was holding. That night both of them slept near the fire. During the night, Violet was shaking from the cold, who knew a killer wasnt adapting to these temperatures.

John saw her and got up, he moved to her side, and with hesitation, he hugged her to keep both of them warm during the night. He was also cold, but he could take it; seeing her shake because she was cold didnt let him sleep.

Violet stopped shaking with the fire, and both of them together started to get warm. As the night continued, Violet moved around, trying to get more comfortable. She was next to his chest as he hugged her, not letting her go. They stayed like that the rest of the night.

The next morning Violet slowly opened her eyes; she was a bit taken back to see how close she was to John. She remembered that he moved next to her but didnt realize the position they were in.

Violet looked at him as he was still sleeping; he had dried blood on his face and a bit of dirt on his cheek. Even when he was sleeping, he had that face; his lips were in a straight line, his eyebrows were a little furrowed he looked mad.

She had never been this close to anyone before; she had never noticed how much detail a human face has. She had never been with a person for this long and not killed them. What was different about John Murphy. Why has she not killed him yet, and why did she fight so hard to save him. All of that thinking was making her brain hurt. She had never dealt with these things with emotions before. She didnt like it.

Violet tried to move away from John, maybe walk nearby to get some fresh air, but once he felt her move, John hugged her tighter, not telling go. She hit him on his shoulder "let go of me" he blinked a few times and saw how close they were.

For a second, his eyes moved to her lips, "John, let go of me," she told him again "right, sorry," he said and let go of her; his arm was asleep as she had slept on top of it.

"Im going to look for some food," Violet said. "Ill go with you," he said, trying to get up. "No, theres no need, you can stay here," she told him, placing one hand on his chest stopping him.

"I wont take long," she said, moving her hand from his chest and walking out of the cave.

John stayed in the cave confused; he didn't know what was wrong or why she was acting strange. He didnt know her that well, so maybe thats how shes regularly; he might get to know her more since they are the only two there.

Violet walked around, she found a few berries they wont survive on, but they will work for now. She put them in her pocket before putting the last one she ate it. "Not bad," she said and continued walking. If she didnt die from eating the berries she knew where to get more.

She started to move slower as she saw a rabbit. She got her knife out of her other pocket and slowly kneeled. The rabbit was eating and hadn't noticed that she was there. She was getting ready to attack, but a few leaves were crushed, making the rabbit alert of its surroundings and leave. "Ugh, John," she said, annoyed as he walked closer to her.

"That was our food, now; we have to eat berries," she told him. "How do you know it was me," he asked her.

His face was clean; he had no more blood and dirt.

"Its either you or a grounder, so I had a 50/50 chance," she said, shrugging while walking more, hoping she would see the rabbit again. "Youre lucky it was me." "I guess I was," she said, looking at the ground for any animal.

They had walked for 20 minutes; she didnt want to get too far from the cave "guess berries it is," she said as they hadnt found another animal. "Here are your berries," she told him, getting them out of her pocket; some of them were squished.

They started to eat in silence. "They arent poisonous right," he asked after eating the fifth berry. "I ate one earlier, and Im still here, so I dont think so" he continued to eat. "I dont know about you, but Im full," Murphy said once they were done eating.

She rolled her eyes; she was still hungry, and she was still mad at Murphy if he hadnt scared of the rabbit. "Im happy to hear that," she said, clearly annoyed. "Im sorry that I scared that stupid rabbit, ok," he told her, but his apology didnt sound sincere. "I dont want your stupid apology, Murphy."

"You're calling me Murphy now huh, what happened to John," he said he had gotten used to her calling him John even though he hated it.

She got up and walked to another side of the cave, her back facing him there was nowhere else to go. "You're acting like a child," he told her, but she didnt say anything. "You want to eat a stupid rabbit, fine, Ill go get you one," he said, standing up in a bad mood; he didnt want to go outside, but he was already out of the cave before he could even stop himself.

As he walked, he kicked a few leaves "stupid rabbit stupid Bellamy stupid Vi- ugh" a few minutes had gone by, and he had no luck finding the rabbit. But then he stopped the rabbit there it was, "I got you," he said quietly.

Murphy walked back to the cave with a big smile on his face, and the dead rabbit was on a stick. "Start the fire, Violet," Murphy said, walking into the cave.

But he didnt get a response; he thought she was still mad at him. "Violet, I got you the rabbit," he said again, but she wasnt there. He dropped the rabbit "Violet," he said, worried as he ran out of the cave looking for her.

"Violet, where are you," he said. Maybe the grounders already took her, and she was far gone. "No," he told himself he knew she was strong. She was going to be ok. He only needed to look for her.

Violet came out of a few bushes fixing her jeans. "Violet," he said with relief as he saw her. They were both taken back when Murphy hugged her "whats wrong with you," she asked, confused about his behavior.

"I thought the grounders took you," he said, looking at her. "No, I just needed to pee," she said, pointing at the bushes where she came from.

"I got you the rabbit you wanted," he told her as they were walking back. Violet had a smile on her lips.

The rabbit wasnt so bad; it was better than the berries they had earlier that day.