5.37

After they left Bellamy, the rest of the team went into hiding near the camp. Violet was behind a few trees; Eloise and Elliott were sitting on the ground near her. It was nighttime and hard to see, but in the distance, Violet saw someone running toward them.

Echo came out of her hidden spot and covered Murphy's mouth "don't make any more noise," she said as she stood behind him. "It's dad," Elliott said excitedly as he was getting ready to go after him, "Wait, remember we have to wait for Echos signal," Violet said, holding her son, stopping him from running. He looked up at her mother and waited until he heard the signal. "Ok, we can go" the kids walked next to Violet.

"Oh, thank God. Raven knew you guys would be watching the camp," John said, looking around, seeing everyone; his eyes stayed longer on Violet. "We gotta go. Now." "Where's Raven," asked Echo. Raven was not near. Violet hoped that she would appear, maybe running a bit behind.

"She made a deal to get me out. Listen." "Shock collar?" Monty asked, getting closer to Murphy. "Trust me, I wouldn't do that," Murphy said, noticing that Monty was going to touch the collar.

Violet walked closer to John and was able to have a better look at the collar and a few bruises he had on his face. They got here not too long ago, and someone had already beat up John. Somethings will never change.

"What about Abby and Kane? We saw them being led off the ship," Harper said. "You did?" "That means Bellamy got the bunker open. Did he not come back?" Echo asked worriedly.

"What about Clarke?" Madi asked, getting closer to the group. "We just got to get a warning to Bellamy before they fire their missiles," John said. "The what," Violet asked with her eyes wide open, holding the kids closer to her. Violet wished she was back in the ring right about now. "Missiles?" "Yeah, as in fiery death from above. Raven said we need to get into the radio range. Where's the rover?" "Bear cave. I'll drive. Don't worry. The bears are gone," Madi said, walking to the rover.

Everyone started to follow behind her. "Who's the kid," John said, pointing at Madi. "Clarke's kid." Violet helped the kids get up on the rover because there was not enough room in the back; Elliott was sitting on her lap.

As Madi was driving, she was talking about how she knew them because Clarke told her stories about their years on the ground. "Octavia's my favorite. I mean, no offense. Clarke said she wouldn't have made it without each one of you," Madi mentioned.

"We wouldn't have made it without her," Echo said. Violet rolled her eyes. It was true even though Violet wouldn't admit it out loud. "Not even close," Harper added.

Murphy started to get shocked, "John!" "Dad!" "What's happening to him," a worried Eloise asked. "The collar must have a proximity tether. Madi, back up!" Monty said Madi started to drive backwards.

"That's it. Stop here," Monty said once the collar stopped shocking Murphy. "Monty, can you get it off?" Harper asked her boyfriend. "There's no time. We have to stop those missiles," Echo said.

Murphy opened the door of the rover. Violet looked at him as he got out. "What are you doing?" "What I have to do, okay? Echo's right. Just leave me behind." "Let's go," Violet told the kids. "No way. If it has a tether, it'll have a tracker, too. They're probably on their way right now," Monty told him.

"Violet, where are you going," asked Harper. "Don't worry; we will see you soon; take care of each other." "You too." "That means you gotta go. Go. Before our friends explode. Violet, stay with them." "No way I left you and looked what happened," Violet said as the kids got out of the rover.

Madi started to drive. "It isn't safe; I'm getting tracked." "Then let's attack back. What do you say like old times" Violet smiled. Murphy gave her a weak smile. "Let's come up with a plan first." She held the kid's hand, and they started to run, hoping to find a place where to hide.

They found a cave it reminded her of when they were banished, and the grounders later captured them to torture them. Hopefully, this time around, it's not the same; she didn't want the kids to go through what they went through.

The kids were sitting on the ground; Violet got a blanket out of her backpack, making a knife fall out too. She picked up the knife and put it inside her pocket and gave the blanket to the kids. "Try to sleep, you two," she told the kids and kissed their forehead.

"It's been three hours. Maybe this thing doesn't work underground," Murphy said, looking at Violet. "Maybe let me try something," Violet said, looking at her knife.

"Woah, no, no, no. Bad idea," Murphy said once he saw Violet holding the knife and moving it closer to his neck.

"Don't move, and you will be fine." He looked at her, not believing what she said. "Come on, John, If I can get into the access panel, maybe I can shut this thing off." Slowly she got closer to his neck where the collar was, but as she tried to take it off collar zaps both of them.

"Shit." Violet looks around, maybe the knife wasn't the best option, but it's all she had with her. "I need better tools. I know I'll go to the rocket you stay here with the kids. I'll be back as soon as I can," she told John, getting up.

"Wait, Violet," John screamed at her, but she was already gone. He looked back at the kids, Elliott was sleeping, but Eloise was looking at him. "How fast do you think you can run," he asked Eloise.

Violet had made it to the rocket, and she didn't find anyone; the coast was clear. Quickly she got inside the rocket and started looking for some tools that could help her. "Yes," but before she was done celebrating, she heard a noise getting closer to her.

She got her knife she was ready to attack but realized it was only John. "What the hell John," Violet said, putting the knife away. "Wait, where are the kids," she asked, alarmed. "With me," he moved, and the kids were behind him. Eloise was out of breath, and it looked like Elliott had just woken up.

"You are insane; you know that right," she told him, moving from the entrance letting him and the kids go in. "Just a little," he said. "Ok, don't move, or I might zap you a little," she told him, getting ready to work. She was able to take the collar off him. "Thank you," John said and kissed her on the lips.

"We need to go; they already know where we are." "Before we go, how much fuel is left in this thing?" "Uh, not sure Why? What are you thinking?" John had a smirk on his face, the one she saw him make a lot when they were on the ground.