6.50

It was a brand new day at Sanctum.

The kids were accepted into school. Violet was able to recover her knives. Raven and Harper were getting help from one of the primes on building a radiation shield. Echo and Miller were their bodyguards.

Clarke was somewhere, but Violet didn't care about her. Monty, before he went with Raven and Harper, informed the rest of the group something that his son commented.

Jordan noticed how Delilah was acting differently, and Daphne wouldn't answer his questions. Something told him to look for more information. Something was wrong, but he didn't know what.

Bellamy walked up to Violet and Murphy and set a map on the table. "200 years, this is all they mapped," he said. Violet observed the map, and she moved her finger through it.

"Why leave when you're safe, right," Murphy commented.

"Being safe is overrated," Violet responded.

"Oh, come on, Murphy. Where's your sense of adventure? We're pioneers."

Bellamy placed his hand on top of Violet's shoulder. "Violet knows what I'm talking about."

She lifted her head and looked at him, "Removed your hand before I cut your fingers and fed them to you." He quickly moved his hand.

"I don't want to be pioneers. Pioneers find the red zone and wind up dead or get caught in randomly occurring, psychosis-inducing eclipses. You really want to go through that again?" he asked Bellamy.

He got closer to the older man and whispered. "I've been asking around. Apparently, this whole thing's built on top of cave systems. The bugs start to freak out. The party goes underground."

Bellamy half smiled, coming up with a plan. "Right. So we find our own cave system. Raven and Monty can build us a radiation shield. Murphy, we can't stay here forever. And even if we could, what about the other 400 of us?"

Daphne's mom come up to them. "Rose is being offered to the woods. All of you are welcome."

"Thank you," Bellamy said with a polite smile.

Violet made a face. "Don't even think about asking me to go to that funeral. Seriously. Take Monty or Gaia. Where are they anyway?"

Bellamy looked around the room and saw it was empty. "I think I know where he is. Come on."

Violet got up, bored of sitting around. John didn't move. "Hey, suit yourself. But if he gets us kicked out, you're a pioneer." Bellamy smirked.

"Come on, Johnny boy," Violet teased. She walked away and followed Bellamy. Reluctantly Murphy went with them.

Everyone else was occupied with the funeral; they didn't see them go into the main room.

Violet went up the stairs and spinned, looking up at the sky.

John was a few feet behind them. Once they reached the door, they saw that the code panel was broken. They knew Monty was here.

Bellamy opened the second door.

They entered the large dark room. Rows of skeletons were on display. "You've got to be kidding me. Which part of I hate dead people did you not understand?"

"Quiet, Murphy. Monty, we know you're in here."

Violet looked around amazed. She grabbed one of the skeletons and moved the index finger.

"Violet, don't touch that," Bellamy scolded her. "Sorry, Dad," she mocked.

Monty appeared from behind one row of skeletons. "You, too," Bellamy said once he saw Gaia behind them.

Gaia closed the door. "They worship nightbloods. I'd like to understand why that is."

"I'd like to leave. There's no way I'm getting thrown out of the one safe place on this moon because you can't mind your own business," Murphy said. "Aren't you a little bit curious," Violet asked him.

"This is Sanctum's holiest place. You shouldn't be here," Clarke said, walking in. "Look who decided to join us," Violet said.

Clarke got looks from them. "I'm sorry. I just, uh, I saw you on the steps," Clarke explained. Violet looked at Clarke weirdly, "Since when do you apologize."

"Does that mean your bodyguard could, too," added Murphy. "Good point. Let's take this outside."

"Not yet. Mark of the flame? They're all commanders," Gaia said as she observed the skull of some of the skeletons. "That's why the symbol was on the flag," concluded Bellamy.

"Well, it's all coming together, isn't it? Now can we please go?" Murphy tried to grab Violet's hand, but she walked away down the row of skeletons.

"The ones in the front row must be the original Eligius team. There's 12 of them. Oh, and they take kids," he pointed out. There were a few smaller skeletons indicating the kids.

"Familial love is a powerful motivator. People will do anything to ensure the survival of the ones they love. Now let's ensure our survival and get the hell out of here."

Monty opened another door on the left side of the room. Their heads turn "a secret door," Violet said and tiptoed with excitement behind Monty.

This got the curiosity of the rest of the group, and followed. The room was sort of like a lab.

"Operating room attached to a crypt. Really," Murphy said.

"I knew something wasn't right," Monty added.

"Okay, let's think this through. Becca created the flame after apocalypse one. She obviously provided the tech to Eligius III before that. That means," Bellamy said, trying to resolve the mystery. "They're not commanders," added Gaia. "Right so what the hell are they?"

Monty stood in front of a computer "let's find out." He opened up a file. It was a video recording of Gabriel and an older man. Doing a test on a young girl. They were immortals. Gabriel was able to keep his people alive by getting hosts.

"That's how they made it better, easier, by manipulating people into believing they were sacrificing themselves to some false gods. 'Becoming one with the primes' like Delilah's mother said," Gaia concluded.

"Well, so much for respecting their faith. I mean, no offense. We let a bunch of kids fight to the death to become your God."

"Murphy, that's enough. Clarke, you're okay with this?"

"Well, I didn't say that. I just don't think they pose a threat to us, that's all," Clarke said away from the group.

"They pose a threat to you. You're a nightblood. And based on what we just saw. I'm thinking that's the only reason they let us stay," Bellamy told her.

"Madi. I have to get her before they find out what she is." Gaia quickly left after Madi. "Bring her back to the tavern so we can decide what to do," Bellamy instructed.

Monty logged out of the system and covered his tracks. They got out of the room. They weren't so normal after all.

Violet was a potential target.

"I hate to say it, but I agree with Clarke. This isn't our fight," Murphy said.

"It is your fight Murphy when they go after Violet." Bellamy pointed at the blonde girl who was touching a skull. It intrigued her seeing all the skeletons; she always wondered how they looked like.

"You still want to stay," Bellamy added. "I want to live," Murphy responded.

He looked at Violet "we will figure something out. A way we can live forever."