2.18

"Violet," she heard Murphy call her name. She looked at him as he got closer to her. "What happened to you," was the first thing he said when he got closer, she had a busted lip.

"I was training; you should see the other guy. I broke his nose," she said with a smile. He smiled at her "we have to go to the dropship," he told her quietly, looking around. "What for," she said, walking closer to him.

"Jaha, he heard of a place beyond the dead zone, a place where everyone is accepted, a city of light," he told her as she looked at him curiously. "No one knows us there Violet, we can have a new life and not get treated like dirt."

"You're going with him to this city of light," she asked him. "I wasn't at first, but don't you want for people to stop treating you like a criminal to look down at you." "Not really. I love killing people; besides, I am a criminal; I killed my parents at age 6. No city of light will change that. That's who I am," she told him. "And besides this city of light, it sounds boring, we are not like that chaos seems to follow us. Who said that once we are there, things will be different," she looked at him.

Life wasn't perfect the short amount of time they have been on earth, they had spent it suffering. Maybe it was for the best to go with John.

He took a step back "you don't want to go," he said, sounding disappointed.

He wanted for her to go, he wanted for them to be treated better, but maybe she was right, and they will always be criminals.

She was thinking for a few moments, "Im not saying that; I just think that the city of light might need a bit of chaos," she said with a sly smile. "Then let's go," he said, looking at Violet.

Violet had a backpack she brought with; her an axe with two knives, a blanket, water, and some food for the trip. John had told her that he didn't know how far the city of light was. Once they had done packing, they walked to the dropship when they arrived a few people were already there.

Jaha looked at John and Violet and smiled at them "it seems we are all here," he said, looking at the group.

"Why is she with us," Violet heard a woman say. She was looking over her shoulder at Violet. "Everyone deserves a second chance," Jaha said. "Not her; she killed four people on the ark and probably killed more on earth," the woman said, looking at Jaha, afraid to look back at Violet. "Its true I've killed more people," Violet said, looking at the woman and then at Jaha.

"See, she can kill us if we are distracted or when we fall asleep."

"Ill suggest you sleep with one eye open then," Violet said. Loving tormenting the poor woman. The people that were near her and John had walked ahead.

John looked at her as she had a bright smile on her face. The journey was long, and he was sure they weren't close to being in the city of light but having Violet on his side made him feel a bit better.

"Violet won't kill anyone; she's more than a killer," Jaha said, looking back at Violet. He was wrong; she's only a killer, she would never have a peaceful life. She wasn't opposed to it. Everyone saw her as a killer. What else could she be?

✰✰✰✰

"Their tent was near here. I'm sure of it," Jaha said, looking around. "Do you see anyone?" John said as he looked at a cart in the distance. Violet was tired and bored out of her mind.

"I see sand and sand, and oh look more sand," Violet said as she looked around. "Oh, and there's a cart over there," she said, pointing at the cart that seemed to be missing a wheel.

As they got closer to the cart, a woman appeared from behind it. She was holding a knife in her hand seeing this Violet got out her knife. Jaha was in front, and the other people backed away.

"It looks like you could use a hand. What are you doing out here alone?" Jaha said the girl put away her knife and revealed her face she had a big tattoo on one side of her face. "My brother and I were on our way to the City of Light, and wastelanders attacked. They took our horse, all our water, everything. They killed him. This cart is all I have left," the girl said.

Jaha wanted to give the girl some water, but Caspian said that they didnt have enough for themselves, which was true they were quickly running out of water. Murphy was the one to open his backpack and give her some water.

Violet looked at his every move as John made his way to the girl giving her some water. "We're on our way to the City of Light, as well. What's your name?"

"Emori. I can get you there. If you pull my cart," she said, pointing at her cart.

Caspian and another man had the first shift in carrying the cart. Violet watched as Emori thanked John for the water, and he got nervous; she had never seen him like that.

"Uh it was no problem," she said, mimicking him and walking ahead of him. She didnt like the way that Emori looked at John and the way he got all flustered.

It irritated her maybe because it had always been just the two of them since everyone hated John back at camp, but Emori didnt know him; she had no reason to hate him.

She continued to walk ahead. John had stayed behind with Emori; it seemed that they were enjoying each others company. Violet couldnt help but shake her head in annoyance.