6.53

Violet, with the kids, Miller and Gaia were still in the small room.

The others had left to help with the bone marrow to make more nighbloods.

Russell had asked specifically for John.

Violet would have to find him later.

They were on the run. Miller was finally able to break them free. It had taken him forever.

It was raining and night time by the time they jogged on the rooftop.

The kids were in front of Violet and behind Miller. Violet was able to grab a knife from one of the guards that she punched. It's the only weapon she had on her and her hands.

By Gaias request, they were going to get the notebook first to save Madi.

"Wait here," Miller instructed them.

The kids, Violet and Gaia, waited behind a wall in the shadows of the night.

Miller knocked out the two guards that were outside the door. We waved his hand toward him, letting them know it was safe for them to follow. Gaia and the kids followed him.

As Violet was taking a turn, a guard came out of one of the houses. "Stop right there."

Violet slowly moved her hand, ready to grab her knife. "Put your hands where I can see them."

In a quick motion she grabbed her knife and threw it, hitting the man on the chest close to the heart.

By the impact he fell back. She bent down and pulled the knife out, splattering the blood on her face and on the ground.

The person was still breathing; they were alive, but not for long. Violet tilted her head to the side and observed the person.

"Please," the man begged.

Was he begging her to kill him or spare his life. She didn't ask but decided to kill him. His eyes remained open, and his breathing stopped.

Violet pushed her wet blonde hair behind her shoulder. And entered the room.

There was a dead man on the floor, and Echo was there. After they rescued Echo, they went into hiding with Delilah's parents, who knew the truth about the primes.

As they were hiding, they heard a door open. "Priya. There you are." It sounded like fake Clarke.

"I've been looking all over. Josie. I heard you had quite the adventure," Priya said.

"You have no idea, and I'll tell you all about it, but first, I need your help with something in the Machine Shop."

"What did Ryker do now?" "More like, what didn't he do. Dad asked him to wipe one of the prisoners, but he's completely lost his nerve. It's embarrassing."

The two women continued to talk. "He's never wanted to face the reality of our situation. Let's go."

They heard walking, and Echo looked at Gaia. "We can't let them leave. Echo jumped from the hiding place.

That was Violet cue. "Mommy has to hurt some people, don't move," Violet told her kids with a smile.

She went out of her hiding spot and fought the other guard.

She kicked the guard hard on his leg, and she heard a crack sound. The man's leg was pointed in the other direction. Violet broke a vase dropping the flowers and the water splashing on the table. With the sharp part of the vase in her hand she kneeled close to the man's throat. "Violet," Clarke said.

She wiped her head to the side; her blonde hair fell to her face, half of her face covered. There was something different about Clarke. They way she said her name, they way she stood. Was the real Clarke back.