1.02

The little group that had gathered earlier had started to spread out. Violet was going to walk away trying to find something to do, "I'm John Murphy, by the way," the boy that had helped her said. "I didn't ask," she said, passing by.

She went inside the dropship to find something useful, but she had no luck. She went outside once again seeing John with a little group; he was writing something on the wall "its d-i-e, you know," Violet said after John was done writing his little threat. He looked at her, "I didn't ask." She rolled her eyes "did I hurt your feelings, John," she said with a pout.

He didn't say anything and looked at Wells, who had dropped some wood "did you find water," John asked him. "No, not yet," Wells said, looking at the message that was on the wall.

"You know my father, he begged for mercy. In the airlock chamber when your father floated him," John told Wells. He only walked away, bumping into John's shoulder. "If you're going to kill someone, it's probably best not to announce it," Bellamy said, walking near them. She nodded, "That's true. Its better when they don't know," Violet said, making the group of boys look at her. She smiled at them and winked in their direction.

John watched her for a few seconds; he then looked at the older boy. "You're not really a member of the guard, are you," he asked Bellamy.

"No, the real guard will be here soon unless we stop it. You don't actually think they're going to forgive your crimes." Violet shook her head, listening to what he was saying. "Let's say they do. Then what people like us are we going to become model citizens. Get jobs, maybe if we're lucky, pick up their trash." Violet made a disgusting face.

"They locked you up, dumped you down here like lab rats to die, so why are you helping them?" "The hell we are," a boy next to John said. Bellamy pointed to the boy's wrist. "Those bracelets lets them know we are alive. We need to take them off." Violet looked at her arm, seeing the bracelet. "If they think we're dead, they will think it's not safe to follow," Bellamy said with a smile.

Violet got the knife out of Murphy's hand and began to try to take it off, she was having trouble "let me help," John said. "I can do it," she said, still struggling "stupid shit," she said angrily. "Fine, you can help me," she told John he had a smirk on his face. He got closer to her; she felt a little pain, and then it was of "my turn," she said, getting the knife from his hand. She held his arms and took his wristband off. John and the others convinced more people to take the wristbands off; they were throwing them in the fire.

✰✰✰✰

Later that night, everyone was sleeping outside. Violet looked around and crossed her arm; she was not going to be able to sleep in these conditions. As she was looking for an empty space far from the others, she saw John and his little group of followers going somewhere.

She quietly walked, following them. They had walked a bit far from where the other people were sleeping. Violet stayed a bit far from them, but as they stopped behind some big rocks, she noticed that John wasn't there anymore.

She walked a bit closer to the boys "looking for me," John said, walking to her. She turned around, facing him "no, I was just going for a walk, and what are you doing here," she asked.

"I have to take care of business. Now, if you will excuse me," Murphy said, walking past her. She watched him walk away and stand beside the other guys.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way," she heard Bellamy say.

She got closer to them and stopped behind a tree. They had Wells' arm against a rock, trying to take off his wristband. The chaos brought a smile to her face, she decided to be seen by the guys instead of hiding behind a tree, "So, you aren't actually killing him," she said as Wells' wristband dropped to the floor. The boys looked at each other, not knowing she had been following them. Murphy had a smirk on his face, and Wells was a bit afraid. "Not today, no," John said.

"Well, that's boring. I'm going back," Violet said sadly. She wanted to kill someone. She turned around and started to walk, hoping that she would remember where to go. "Shit," she said, looking around; all the trees looked the same; she placed her hands on her hip, and with her other hand, she scratched her head.

"It's this way," John said, pointing ahead of him. "I knew that," she said, walking to where he was. "Yeah, sure you did, that's why you were going to walk in the opposite direction."

"There's trees everywhere John, how am I supposed to know where to go," she said, raising her hands. There was a small smirk on his face as he watched her walk ahead, getting closer to the camp.

As she got closer to the camp, the others were already asleep somewhere closer to each other, and others were divided into smaller groups. She continued to walk until she saw an empty area where no one was nearby. She didn't understand why everyone was close to each other.

With her foot, she moved a few of the branches and leaves. As she lay on the hard dirty ground, she looked up at the stars. It was a different view from down here. Even though she was uncomfortable, she was happy to be on earth rather than to be up there locked up in the skybox. All her life, she had been trapped, not being able to be her true self, the killer she knew she could be. Now she was free, there was no one who could stop her, and that brought her joy.

"Not a fan of big crowds, are you," John said, standing next to her. "How did you know," she said, looking at him. Maybe she could start by killing him. She smiled at herself. "Lucky guess," he said, sitting down not too far from her. "Sure, you can sleep here," Violet said to John as she was getting comfortable.

She turned around, her back facing him, and tried to close her eyes. It was getting a bit cold, and she hugged herself. She was wearing a jacket, but with the wind blowing on her face it was harder to get warm. Maybe that was the only thing she missed about being trapped in the skybox; she didn't have to deal with the cold.

She tried to ignore the cold, wanting to sleep, she felt a small pressure on top of her. She opened one eye and saw that she had another jacket on her, to be specific, John's jacket. Violet was going to tell him that he can have his jacket back, but she quickly started to feel warm. And she fell asleep like that with John's jacket on her.