5.44

Two Years Later

Violet opened her eyes, she was expecting to see John, but she saw Monty instead. "What's going on," she asked, looking around. She was the only one that was up.

"There's someone that I want you to meet," Monty said with a smile. Violet gasped, realizing what he meant by that; she got up and started walking, "Come on, Monty," she said, looking back at him.

Violet saw Harper holding a small baby in her arms "say hello to Jordan," Harper said, she looked exhausted, and it reminded Violet when she gave birth to Elliott.

"Look at those cheeks," Violet said as she gently poked Jordan's chubby cheeks. "You want to carry him," Monty asked, standing next to Harper and his son.

Violet nodded quickly; she held Jordan in her arms while he was sleeping. She couldn't help but smile at the small baby in her arms "how are you feeling," Violet asked Harper, still looking at a sleeping Jordan. "Tired like I could sleep for a week."

"Sorry to tell you this, but you won't sleep for the next few months." "Yeah, I remember when Elliott was born. I hope Jordan is not much of a crier," Harper said, looking at her son in Violet's arms.

"I'll take Jordan that way you can rest," Monty told Harper, kissing her forehead. Monty and Violet walked away with Jordan, letting Harper rest for a while.

"So, any process on earth," Violet asked Monty. "I'm able to monitor conditions on the ground using the ship's geologic equipment, so I'll know when it's safe for us to go back down," Monty said, showing Violet the geologic equipment. Violet didn't understand any of it; she only nodded "it gets a little lonely sometimes without you and the rest of our friends," Monty said sadly. Violet placed her hand on his shoulder "why don't you go to sleep like the rest of us," she told him.

He shook his head, "Harper and I made our decision," he said, looking at Violet.

Jordan started to move his arms, stretching and opening one eye and closing it again.

"Why are you waiting for earth to be habitable again," she said, looking at him, "been there done that, and it wasn't that great," she said, shaking her head a little remembering everything they went through "why not look for another planet that way you three don't have to be here all alone."

"I'll have to check for another planet. It might take time." "Use that big brain of your Monty. I'm sure there's a lot of planets by now, and we could even live on a moon," she said a bit loudly, making Jordan fuss, she started to rock him, and we went back to sleep. "I know you will figure something out," she said more quietly, not wanting to wake up Jordan again. "I'll think about it."

Once Harper woke up, the three of them talked some more. Jordan had opened his eyes for a few seconds, quickly looked around, and closed them again. Violet hugged them and kissed Jordan on his forehead. She was going back to cryo; Monty was walking beside her. "I'll talk with Harper about what you said."

Violet smiled at him "hope to see you soon." "Me too," he said and closed the glass.

Once again, the glass started to freeze; she wasn't sure when the next time she would wake up or will she be able to see Monty and Harper again.

Eighty years later

"Violet," John said; she smiled once she saw him, she quickly hugged him. When they broke the hug, she saw how mostly everyone was still asleep "we will wake up the kids in a little first Bellamy wants us to go to the bridge," Murphy told her, "Bellamy never has good news," she said, looking at him "let's hope this one is different" he kissed the side of her head.

When they were at the bridge, she saw Raven. When she saw Violet, she walked up to her and hugged her. "Sorry for almost leaving you on earth," Raven told her "hey, don't worry, I would have done the same," she said with a smile bumping Raven's shoulder.

Bellamy looked around "ok, everyone is here there's something that Monty wants to tell us." Monty walked up to the front, and Bellamy stood next to Clarke. "Earth is completely destroyed. I knew it wasn't coming back. I talked with Harper and told her what Violet suggested," Monty said, looking at Violet with a smile.

Violet was happy someone had finally listened to her.

"Violet mentioned looking for another planet we could live on, so I started looking. It was hard at first to find a planet that was similar to ours, but I was able to crack the Eligius III mission file. Turns out it wasn't a mining mission. After sucking the Earth dry of oil, they went looking for another planet to tap. Eligius III never radioed back or, if they did, it was after apocalypse one, so, no one heard it. But that's all I know," Monty said to the group.

"Monty picked planet Alpha for us because it's the closest and probably the most like Earth," Bellamy added.

"What I'm hearing is that I basically saved us all," Violet said with a proud smile.

"No, Monty did," Raven said. Violet rolled her eyes at her making Raven laugh "but who gave him the idea, me," Violet said, pointing her thumb at herself.

Monty had mentioned how they put Jordan in Cryo at age 8, and once he put the coordinates, Harper and him went into Cryo too.

The team looked out to planet Alpha. Monty told them that it was located in the Goldilocks Zone of a binary star system. "Its beautiful, isnt it," Monty said, looking at the planet while hugging Harper.

John had his arm around her back, his hand resting on her lower back close to her butt. He kissed her cheek "you're more beautiful," he said in her ear "stop, John, you're making me blush," she said, her cheeks turning a bit pink.