6.45

"Let's meet in the mess," Bellamy said after a while and walked away. "I'll go check on the kids," Violet told John, placing her hand on his chest. He kissed her forehead, "I'll be there in a bit," he told her. Violet walked to the Cryosleep room where everyone else was.

She saw Clarke, who was checking on Madi, and Harper was there too. Violet walked to Harper "hi," she said, smiling at her. "Is this Jordan," Violet asked as Harper was standing beside one of the Cryosleep beds.

"Yes, I'm debating whether or not to wake him," she said, placing her hand on the glass. "We should wait to see if it's safe first." Jordan was 8; he was one year younger than Eloise.

Harper told her that during those 8 years, he was a happy kid smart like Monty. She couldn't wait for the kids to meet him. The last time she saw Jordan was when he was born. He obviously was much bigger and started to look more like Monty.

Harper and Monty had told their son about their friends. They would tell him bedtime stories of all their crazy adventures. The young boy would listen to them and fight the sleep that was consuming him. He wanted to hear the end of the stories. During the day, he would go to the Cryosleep beds and see them. Pretending they could pay with them.

"V, are you ready," John said, walking to the two women. "Yeah, let's go," she said as Harper walked behind them.

"Eligius III was a colonizing mission. According to the file, the mothership went to 5 planets that met necessary conditions for life, dropping mission teams on each one," Bellamy said with his arms crossed.

Everyone was there sitting down at two different tables. They had a bowl in front of them with algae that Monty had done. Violet's bowl was empty while John only pushed it away from him.

"We have to assume they couldn't know for sure until they got here. We can scan the atmosphere from the bridge," Shaw added.

"We can't. None of the equipment we used to monitor Earth is working. It's interference from the ionosphere," Monty said.

"Bottom line is, we won't know if it's survivable until we get down there," Bellamy added.

"Sounds familiar."

"What about radio signals? Anything from the ground that says the mission team survived?"

"No radio signals."

"Likely also the ionosphere. There is an ultra-high-frequency ping on radar, faint but-" "A rescue beacon. We used them on Eligius IV to-"

"If there's a beacon, that means someone's down there, right?" Echo said. "Not necessarily. They're solar, so-"

"They can last forever. How long ago did Eligius III get here?"

"Hard to tell since they never radioed back, but best estimate--200 years, give or take," Harper said, looking at Monty, who nodded.

"That's a long time to wait for a rescue," Murphy said, looking at Violet.

"I trust Monty," Echo said, and Monty smiled at her.

"Great. Then it's settled. We land at a distance, giving us time to acclimate. We'll wait for them to come to us," Bellamy said to the team.

Violet took John's bowl and finished the algae. Murphy looked at her and made a face.

"Let's talk about guns. If we have them, we will use them," Clarke said.

"We are taking guns. We are also taking non-lethals. Now, Eligius IV had gas grenades and shock batons to control the criminals. We won't shoot first this time." Violet was still going to take her knives and maybe kill one or two.

"In that case, Clarke should stay here," Raven said, looking at Clarke.

Violet smirked, "Raven, you're the one that's staying here," Bellamy said, looking at Raven. Violet's smirk was gone. "What? Like hell I am."

"Look. We can't take both our pilots, and since we will be flying blind until we are below the ionosphere, it has to be Shaw." "Monty, stay here with Raven and see what else you can find about planet alpha," Clarke told him. "I'll stay with you," Harper said, looking at Monty.

"We have no idea what's waiting for us down there." "Which is why we should take our best fighters," Echo said.

"You hear that John, they need us once again," Violet told Murphy.

"My sister is the last person I trust not to shoot first, so she stays on ice with everyone else until we know what we're dealing with."

"And if it's too late by then?"

"Fine. I'll wake up Miller. Everyone get your things ready to go."

Violet got a few knives, one she put inside her Jean pocket, the other one inside her boot, and she was holding a small blade.

Once she was ready before going with the rest of the team, she went back to the Cryosleep room to say goodbye to the kids, "I'll be back hopefully with good news, and the four of us can live in peace without having to worry about the apocalypse," Violet said.

"I'll take care of the kids, Violet," Harper said, walking closer to Violet.

When she said goodbye to the kids and hugged Harper, Violet left and went where the rest of the team was. Violet took a seat next to John and put on the seatbelt.

"Everyone ready."

"Boys and girls, meet planet Alpha," Shaw said as they were getting closer to Alpha. Shaw opened the doors they stayed there, admiring the new place they were in.

"Please be breathable. Please be breathable," Jackson said. Violet took a deep breath "seems good to me," she told Jackson with a smile.

"Breathable air check."

"Radiation levels are good, too," Clarke said.

"How about that beacon, Shaw?" Bellamy asked. "8 clicks due East. I think it's on high ground. There's a water source about halfway there."

"Ugh, Let's start walking then," Violet said, throwing her head back. She hated walking; John took her hand, intertwining it with her.

As they were walking around, she touched the tall grass, it reminded her of the first time she was on Earth. She looked up at the sky, and it was much different from when she was on Earth. John couldn't help but look at Violet; she was looking at everything, he smiled seeing her smile grow.

They continued to follow Shaw until they found the water source. "Looks like we found the water source. Woah. Now, that's a view. We camp here."

"It looks like the suns are eclipsing," Clarke said, looking at the two suns in the sky.

Violet looked up too seeing how they were slowly moving, one in front of the other. John started to take his shirt off and his shoes.

"Murphy. Murphy, wait. We haven't tested it," Jackson said as he kept walking into the water. Murphy dived in, and Violet watched him.

Violet took off her shirt and shoes as well when she noticed John didn't appear.

"John!" Violet said as the water reached her knees. Violet was relieved once she saw John's face above the surface.

"You scared me," she said, splashing him. "I'm going to kill you." With his hand, he brushed his hair back, "it feels good, doesn't it," John asked with a smirk before she could realize what he was planning.

He held her from her waist and pushed her down, her whole body submerged into the water.

She gasped for air, "John!" She pushed his head down into the water. John hugged her, bringing her closer to him, and he crashed his lips on hers.