6.52

Things weren't working out in their favor.

Clarke was alive, but her mind was slowly dying.

Bellamy had escaped with Clarke to Gabriels territory.

Madi went on a killing spree and killed a few primes.

Monty and John got injured.

Gaia and Echo went into hiding. The rest of the group were captured, and one of them was going to be executed.

The only bright thing in the chaos was John proposing to Violet. He wanted to spend eternity with her.

The group was in a small room. With no windows and one door.

There were benches on each wall and a square table in the middle with two chairs.

Jackson and Miller were sitting together. Raven and Harper were across from them. Madi was sitting by herself.

The three young kids were sitting on a bench. Violet was standing near her kids.

Murphy was by the corner of the table. Abby was sitting alone with one of her legs up on the bench.

One of them was going to die that day. Murphy knew it was going to be him. "It's gonna be me, isn't it?"

Elliot and Eloise were confused, everything was going great as far as they knew, and now their father was going to die.

"It should be you, traitor!" Madi was angry; there was something different in her. Clarke's death affected her. She wasn't acting like herself.

"Same look she had in her eyes when she stabbed Monty," Miller told Jackson.

"Can we please get back to the fact that one of us is gonna die tonight?"

Harper looked at Murphy and said, "That's not gonna happen. Echo will think of something."

Abby, who was being quiet at the beginning, later said, "Why did she call you a traitor?"

Everyone looked at Murphy, but no one said anything. "Tell her, traitor. Tell her how you helped the girl who stole her daughter's body," Madi said.

"That's enough, Madi," Violet said. "You are a traitor, too," Madi said angrily.

Abby got up and stood in front of John. "I thought she was already dead," John said, trying to make his actions not sound so bad. It didn't matter to Abby as she slapped him across the face.

Violet was going to step in, but Murphy extended his hand, stopping her.

"You better hope your friend Echo gets us out of here because if she doesn't, we choose you."

Violet knew only four people wouldn't vote for John. She wanted to believe the others wouldn't vote for him, but she knew how much the others liked Clarke and how much she meant to them.

Violet would do anything in her power to keep her family saved. She sat beside Murphy on the bench. Her head rested on his shoulder, and her hand on his lap.

"You two really messed up," Raven said, walking up to them. "Yeah. I'm aware," responded John.

"I didn't do anything," said Violet. "Exactly purple, you didn't stop him," Raven said to her friend.

Raven looked down at John, "Look. I know you're scared to die. Everyone is, but if you want to avoid hell, the answer's not immortality. It's morality."

Murphy exhaled as if being good could be that easy. It wasn't in him, or maybe he was afraid of being good. It was new to him; maybe he should try it soon for the sake of his future wife and kids.

Gaia was later captured and sent with the others. A guard left her. "Thought you were banished," Miller commented.

"She was!" Madi wanted to get up, but she couldn't since she was chained to the wall.

"We should have killed you when we had the chance."

With a thin smile Gaia said, "Don't worry, Heda. You'll get your chance soon because we're all getting out of here tonight."

Violet looked at her. There was a plan they could be free. "The only person dying tonight is Russell," Gaia told the group.

"Morality not immortality, huh," Murphy told Raven and got up.

"Time's up. Let's move," a guard said. More than three guards entered the room.

"Well, looks like I'm the lucky winner," Murphy said, not putting up a fight and walked toward the guards. "Change of plans," a second guard said.

The first guard stood in front of the group. "Russell Lightbourne VII, savior of Sanctum, has issued a new order. The child and Violet are spared, but the rest of you will burn at the stake for your crimes."

Violet got up, her kids ran to her and hugged her. "Wait, wait, wait. This wasn't the plan," someone protested.

"Come on," the guard grabbed Abby.

One of the guards came up to Violet and the kids and pulled the back of the shirt of the kids. "Mommy!" Elliot hugged his mother. "I don't want to die," Elliott cried.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to you two." She hugged her son back and let him go. Violet punched the guard in the face "Get away from them," she yelled.

A guard retained her holding her from her back. She elbowed the guard in the stomach and slammed her head back, breaking the guards nose.

Most of the group was already out of the room. The kids fought and pushed the guards away from them.

With one of the spears that the guards carried punctuation Violet's leg. She kneeled in pain and held her leg. The wound wasn't too deep. She held her leg tightly.

Her kids were taken away from her. "Stop," she insisted, seeing her kids cry. She got up and limped until the door, but she wasn't fast enough; the guard closed the door on her face.

With black blood in her hand Violet slammed the door multiple times. "I'll kill you all!!" She slid down the door and continued to hit the door. "I'll kill all of you, I swear. Ill burn this place to the ground!" She threatened.

She had contained herself from killing people since she got here, but now if they killed her family; she was going to kill them all. Everyone would pay women, men and children equally.

Her reason to live was gone. The people she cared most about were going to burn alive. She saw red, chaos, and destruction. Now one will get mercy.

With a ripped part of her shirt she wrapped it around her leg and secured it. She had survived a lot since the day she was born; she had suffered in many ways, but the pain and hatred she was feeling at that moment could not be compared. She got up and scanned the room for a way out. The door would have to do.

Just her luck, the door opened; she launched herself to the guard, and grabbed his head and twisted it, breaking his neck killing him instantly. His lifeless body fell to the floor. She bent down and took his knife, and went over his body.

"Mommy!" Eloise and Elliott walked into the room.

"What have you done," a guard said, kneeling, seeing the dead body of his friend.

"How," Violet said, speechless, seeing her kids and John alive.

She hugged them both, afraid it was a dream; and they weren't real. She kissed the top of their heads.

"Take the child and restrained her," the guard pointed at Violet.

They took Madi and dragged Violet to the corner, where they cuffed her. Before the guard left, Violet punched the guard with her free hand.

"You will pay for that," he threatened. She was not afraid.

They were all alive and well. Her family was complete once again.

Violet got up and got closer to John. "I love you," she breathed out and hugged him.