Chapter 3

"Francesca, why did you sit on the aisle if you were the first person to class? That is so obnoxious

"Francesca, why did you sit on the aisle if you were the first person to class? That is so obnoxious." Parker climbs over my stuff with Maya and they take their seats next to me leaving a seat open for Luna. I got to class 30 minutes early with all my stuff in tow so I could get the best seat for a quick getaway when class is over.

"That is the obnoxious part Parker? It isn't the fact she has like half our apartment sitting on the floor? What is with the stupid cones anyways?" I also decided that I did not have time to stop home so I lugged all my stuff to class including my skating bag which looks like it is going to give out on me any day now.

"They're for her Berlin wall," Luna says as she joins us, climbing over my stuff like the other two did.

"If I don't set up the cones before he shows up he is going to give himself a bigger section of the ice." I have a competition coming up in two weeks and I need as much room as possible to practice, meaning he can't have even an inch more than necessary.

"Is that not what you're going to do," Luna accuses.

"No," I tell her defensively. "I will be fair."

"I am interested to see what song he will pick from your list, I bet he has good taste." Maya has a dreamy far away look as she thinks about the hockey player. When I told our apartment about him on Thursday she looked him up on the University of Michigan website and now she is obsessed with him. Yesterday she was telling us his freshman year stats and today she was telling us about how he played in the games this weekend, trying to get me to watch his highlights. Meanwhile all I could think was great, another winning weekend he is going to be extra annoying.

"Maya stop if you want a tool we can go to Home Depot girl." Maya juts out her bottom lip and crosses her arms as Parker leans forward to talk to me and Luna. "I still think you letting him pick off the list is insane. It is a good list but Fran are you sure about this?"

"What choice do I have Parker?"

"I don't know but honestly, fuck him for messing with something so important."

Luna nods her head in agreement as Maya who was sulking picks her head up. "Hey how come she can fuck him and I can't." None of us dignify her with an answer, as we all shoot her looks of disgust before turning to the front of the room to the class about to begin.

The second class is over, thankfully a few minutes early instead of running over today, I am out of my seat running toward the doors. "Bye," I yell back to my friends, adjusting my backpack, skating bag, and bag of cones I am attempting to carry. One of them, potentially all of them, yells back something that sounds like dumbass but I don't stop to argue.

I hustle across campus straight to the rink arriving 15 minutes early. Despite the cold I am literally sweating from my power walk to get here. I don't even bother taking off my 10 layers as I kick my shoes to the side and pull my skates on, not even bothering to properly lace them.